Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you ever wind up not liking a quilt you've made?

I've been working hard (in spare moments) to make enough crumb blocks to make a quilt for our queen sized bed.... I do like most of the fabric.... a few pieces, not so much.... plus I couldn't stop myself from trying to "hide" some of ds's favorite things like a lightning mcqueen car and various animals, etc. But now I'm afraid that after all of this work I might wind up not really loving it. I don't know - like maybe it will be too busy even though I intend on sashing to "calm" it down....

What about you?

Blog Entries
    Ummmm.....yes. Sometimes I think I am gonna like a certain combination and then it gets done...and not so much. Guess where those go???? You got it....charity quilts! Someone will love it, is just most certainly ain't me :lol: :roll: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Hi,

Please post a picture of your quilt. Thanks

Blog Entries
    i've made several quilts that thrilled me not.

somebody has loved every one of them.

DON'T worry about it. sometimes a quilt really doesn't come together until it's put together.

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Ummmm.....yes. Sometimes I think I am gonna like a certain combination and then it gets done...and not so much. Guess where those go???? You got it....charity quilts! Someone will love it, is just most certainly ain't me :lol: :roll: :lol:
    DITTO!

Funny you should mention this. This evening I went into the closet and pulled out a UFO from more years ago that I care to mention. This top was started for my daughter (she had given me input on pattern and fabric) but after she went away to school and moved into her own home I lost interest in this project and stashed it away. Well it is now back out and I still don't like it (blues and yellows, just not my favourites) and actually I am pretty sure it is no longer to my daughter's taste either. Oh well, I will trudge on with it and maybe as Sandpat suggests it will become a donation to some cause.

I've got several UFO's in the closet and just can't seem to do anything about it. I even went so far as to get one of them out yesterday and looked at it and put it back in the closet today. Maybe another day, yeah right!!

Oh yes! I have one in the closet that needs to be finished hand quilted from back in '98 or '99. I dislike it so much I cannot stand to look at it to complete the thing. One day it will get done. Not saying I will be the one to do it, but it will get done! LOL

My tastes seem to change after I finish it. I have one on my bed right now that I don't like very much, but then I don't mind if dogs get on it. If I loved it, I'd have to keep them off the bed. They must think it's beautiful since they jump on the bed quite often.

I think that happens to all of us sooner or later but I have a large family and somebody usually likes it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast