Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: not liking my new sewing machine

Blog Entries
    I bought the Brothers LB6800thrd sewing and embroidery machine....got it today. I don't like it at all...I wanted to make labels. You can not space between names and date. just not thrilled at all...and it very hard to thread. So disappointed!

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, that just stinks. Maybe with time it will get better. I tend to hate everything new at first.

Blog Entries
    so many things I am not liking about it....really thinking its going back and getting just a regular computerize sewing machine.

Quote Originally Posted by carolaug
    I bought the Brothers LB6800thrd sewing and embroidery machine....got it today. I don't like it at all...I wanted to make labels. You can not space between names and date. just not thrilled at all...and it very hard to thread. So disappointed!
    You can't space? I just bought a brother machine. It's not an embroidery machine, but it does do alphabet stitches. I can space between on it by inserting a _

Blog Entries
    Take a deep breath and sit down with the manual. Only try one thing at a time. Be patient with yourself and the machine.

Blog Entries
    If you can return it for another machine,you're in luck.Try using a machine in the store if possible. Good luck.

so many things I am not liking about it....really thinking its going back and getting just a regular computerize sewing machine.

Blog Entries
    I have 90 days....I watched the video...read manual...I thought it would be a lot better than this...just not what I thought it would be ; (

mine is a brother se350 it took me a while to figure it out cause I didn't read the manual yest the underline should make a space for you. I love my machine!!

Blog Entries
    Just my opinion,but better to return it sooner,rather than later.I'd try it every day for a wk or so,then decide.

I have 90 days....I watched the video...read manual...I thought it would be a lot better than this...just not what I thought it would be ; (

Just check out the manual for your machine at:

http://www.brother-usa.com/ModelDocu...RD_EN_1446.PDF

It says to enter a space enter a "_" (minus the quotation marks of course).

If you decide to send it back, then the best thing would be to go to a dealer and try it out. Having a dealer that can give you one on one instructions is sometimes best.

Blog Entries
    is your an embroidery machine...can you put your name...carriage return and add the date?

Blog Entries
    I think you are right about going to a dealer its worth paying the extra money to get the right machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by nursie76
    Just check out the manual for your machine at:

http://www.brother-usa.com/ModelDocu...RD_EN_1446.PDF

It says to enter a space enter a "_" (minus the quotation marks of course).

If you decide to send it back, then the best thing would be to go to a dealer and try it out. Having a dealer that can give you one on one instructions is sometimes best.

Blog Entries
    How big is the hoop ? Just curious

Blog Entries
    its only 4x4...I am not one to bring things back...I never do, but this one...unless a miracle happens its going back...I don't like the embroidery part of the machine at all...and its going to take some patience to thread it...I have tried quite a few times and yup I watched the video and read the book. The thread keeps breaking...most likely because I am not threading it right....aurgh....

It could also be your tension I had to loosen mine but got it figured out and now can use cheap thread and it works great. I do not have the same machine but can say I can thread mine with my eyes closed it is so easy.

Blog Entries
    I have always told my friends that if you by from a dealer you also buy support and instruction. I have had three different Brother machines and never had a problem that my dealer couldn't help me out with. Also, by working with them I have learned how to use all the features of my machine without the agony of plowing through manuals to figure it out. Also, service for your machine is always available when you buy diirect from dealers to say nothing about the guaranteed warrenties you get from a reputable dealer.

Blog Entries
    There is definitely a huge learning curve with embroidery machines. I looked up your manual online on Brother's site and it says to use the _ symbol for spaces as the previous poster does on her machine :)

Blog Entries
    I have the SE350 also and I love it , just wish I could do bigger designs
    Quote Originally Posted by Up North
    mine is a brother se350 it took me a while to figure it out cause I didn't read the manual yest the underline should make a space for you. I love my machine!!

Blog Entries
    Try using a topstitch or embroidery needle, it will help with the thread breakage too :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    I took 5 lessons with my new machine (included in the deal) and boy I sure learned a lot. Don't you get lessons?

What made you like your machine before you bought her?

Blog Entries
    I thought I would be able to embroider my 6 1/2 inch squares and also make labels in one of the squares for my quilts...I think my thoughts and this machine is two different things...I should have done a better job researching it. I think a regular computerize machine with lettering my be a better choice for me. I will try it a few more times/days...
    Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    I took 5 lessons with my new machine (included in the deal) and boy I sure learned a lot. Don't you get lessons?

What made you like your machine before you bought her?

Blog Entries
    An inexpensive Singer Futura 350 embroidery machine is good. I have a phaff. It needs repair. About 500.00 worth. I purchased the singer and was very surpised at how well I like it. Very easy to use. Much easier than my Phaff.

Blog Entries
    Hang in there. I have Vikings but always find things new about them that I like. If it is your first embroidery machine it will take time to learn everything. Read all the info you got with it, over and over. Then keep it handy when you are sewing. I bet there is something you are missing in the reading.

Blog Entries
    If you get a regular machine, make sure to test the alphabets and make sure that you can change the size of the letters. My Babylock does not do a good job with lettering (but it wasn't important to me when I bought her).

Personally, I just wouldn't keep it if I wasn't completely happy with it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast