Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you ever wind up not liking a quilt you've made? >

Do you ever wind up not liking a quilt you've made?

Do you ever wind up not liking a quilt you've made?

Old 02-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Bev

I've only had two that I really couldn't stand. One I finished because my grandson saw me working on it and really liked it. So, I sandwiched it, quilted it, and bound it. And he loves it, it's on his bed and he sleeps under it every night. And guess what? I still don't like it at all! The other was a large table cloth to go with the colors in my dining room. I got as far as stitching on the last row of blocks and just gave up. That was five years ago and I take it out every once in a while but can't get myself to finish it.
I believe this happens to all artists in every areas. Some things just don't work out.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:42 PM

I've had one but the little girl I gave it to loved it.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:39 PM

Oh yes, I've spent 3 years on this quilt -- took a 3 week class and decided to make a queen size for our bed. I've just finished assembling the top. I love the colors, love what it looked like in the blocks; but, somehow don't really like the top now that it's together. I'll finish it and probably use it on the bed; but somehow, it's not what I want.

My tastes have changed somewhat since starting this project. I started it about a half year after starting the quilting experience and I'm not sure if that's the problem or not. I still love the fabrics, just not the finished look.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:09 PM

My very first quilt, yuk! I get loads of compliments on it. While it is a pretty quilt, it is ugly to me. I put it in my dh truck! Love the crumb quilts however :)
Old 02-10-2010, 01:02 PM

Yes, I had one in my closet that I didn't like. It was a sampler quilt in shades of pink and purple. Then I went to a women's club. The speaker was collecting items for a children's home for children who temporarily needed shelter for whatever reason. She loved my quilt.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:17 PM

I made one at Christmas, that I was not so thrilled with, but my son and his wife love it.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:14 AM

I've made several that I haven't particularly liked but all have gone to Project Linus. I'm sure someone enjoyed them. I've found that the more you make, the more apt you are to come up with some real stunners. Have some of those tucked away that never made it to Project Linus, that I'm keeping to give to each of the grandkids for their first born. Several in the family know where they are and what they are for, so even if I'm no longer here, they will be passed on as a last gift from Nana.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:39 AM

many
Old 02-12-2010, 09:57 PM

A quilt that I like less and less. A mystery quilt. I bought fabric just like I was told to, solid flowers, plain, etc, and a touch of green. All from the same family. The quilt has been finished for several years now and i still don't like it. Into the donated quilts for the guild's community relations it goes. maybe someone will like it.