Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you Facebook..why or why not? >

Do you Facebook..why or why not?

Do you Facebook..why or why not?

Old 03-12-2011, 03:35 PM

I don't have it. I don't want to take the chance of someone getting my info. Also don' want to get a viris from it.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:36 PM
bj

I opened an account and then closed it about 2 weeks later. I thought it was a pain and I'd rather talk to folks anyway.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:36 PM

No way. Being on this board is enough broadcast for me. I don't feel the need to broadcase my info all over internet land. I have my daughter's acct and password (with her permission) for when I want to see photos of people I know. If they want to see me, let 'em knock on my door! Guess I'm too old.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
I lurk, have an account but rarely post. The people I want to hear from rarely post, the people I don't care so much about are on all the time.
That's me. I have an account, only check it occasionally for a few minutes. My daughter set me up when she was still in college in San Deigo. It was how she shared her pictures and stuff with us. She loves to take pictures and is constantly posting them.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Julie in NM
If you're missing something so am I. I have email for people I want to keep in touch with. I know I'm a dinosaur but really don't feel the need to know everything about everyone all the time.
Oh, well said! Totally agree with you.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:40 PM

i do have facebook, but only check in 2 times a week if that, mostly to keep in touch with everyone at church since they all use it and don't believe in the old fashioned telephone! :) I would much rather talk on the phone or have people come see me. But, FB isn't all that bad.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:42 PM

And I thought I was the only one who does not want to FB!! Apparently I am not alone after all... thank you QB friends. My family tries to put the guilt trip on me for refusing to sign up. I keep telling them it is the modern day version of hanging clothes on the clothes and then gossiping over the backyard fence. I think it's a waste of my time and non productive. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
:mrgreen:
Old 03-12-2011, 03:43 PM

I have a page and it is nonsense. My DH's relatives in Utah are into it big time virtual farms, charities, etc. I finally, after receiving umpteen chickens for the virtual farm I don't have, I sent them a message on my wall that I am much too busy for this kind of stuff. No more chickens, now its hugs, kisses, etc. Oh well!
Old 03-12-2011, 03:48 PM

I do have a face book page but just to keep in contact with grandkids and close friends I do not post personal info on it!
Old 03-12-2011, 03:48 PM

I have an account that I wish I had never opened. In one way I have linked up with people I have lost track of and thats the one good thing. I don't farm, post, play war or even rarely do I comment. Just one more thing I got pressured into.