Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you Facebook..why or why not?

No i'am not, this is why. My son and dau-in-law are both in computer research and they say not to because it's to easy to do bad, bad things to people who are on sites like that . So I stay away, in fact I even limit the number of people who have my cell No. to family. I never ever give someone elses phone no. to anyone else. To much info. is not good. I even lurked here for months before I joined. Sorry but I'am to private I guess.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I am on FB and while I don't go a lot I like keeping in touch with friends and family I normally wouldn't.
    At first I loved it but then I found the Quilt Board- now everyone on FB thinks I fell off the face of the earth! lol
    :D:D
    As far as the safety issue- I just try not to worry about it. I don't give out much info but it's just impossible to have as much privacy as I would like anymore.

Blog Entries
    I only have it because it's the only way I get to see recent pictures of my DGD's. My DIL is just too into it IMO. She posts pictures of the guinea pigs and their babies and the bearded lizard and...yawn...are you as bored as I am?

Banned
    I don't have an account. I'm just not interested in having one.

I have an account but keep it inactive unless I want to look at something or check on something. There is just too much information given out on those sites for me.

Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!
    Quote Originally Posted by bjnicholson
    I only have it because it's the only way I get to see recent pictures of my DGD's. My DIL is just too into it IMO. She posts pictures of the guinea pigs and their babies and the bearded lizard and...yawn...are you as bored as I am?
    I had to giggle... I did post pics of my bearded dragons, too ~ I may know your DIL if she's a member of a message board for dragon owners haa haa :)

I check with my facebook daily. I like to see the pics of family as well as check the sewing/quilting links. I have several I see regularly, such as Designs by Sick, Ricky Timms, Joann's, my LQSs, several blogs from other quilters, and more. Some post daily and others maybe once a week. I do limit my time to maybe 15 minutes. I also have to limit the time spent on QB because with that, I loose track of time. I don't play the games no matter how many times I am invited, or asked for farm supplies.

I also do not have FB nor do I want it.I prefer to spend my time here or quilting. :)
    sass

I have Facebook and it is a great way to keep in contact with family and friends. I have reconnected with sme of my school chums. Kinda nice.

currently living outside of nashville, tn
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnsim
    sewTinker, looks like we're in the minority here. I'm on Facebook; not every day and don't do the Farms, etc. But I do enjoy "meeting" up with family and friends. I do sell a little bit, so it's also a way to advertise my wares for free. I think I've blocked all the bad things, too.
    oh do you have a biz page there? I'll look for it! :-)

I don't Facebook or Twitter either. I don't have the time - But most importantly I don't trust Facebook - or I guess that fact that when you send something out you never seem to know where it will end up

I am on facebook got on to keep up with news at church, but lots of old school friends have poped up i am enjoying it the only game i play occ. is word search i like it it is away to get family news everything can be mistreated but i try not too say are put any info on it that i would not do in person i believe in privacy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Melody
    And I thought I was the only one who does not want to FB!! Apparently I am not alone after all... thank you QB friends. My family tries to put the guilt trip on me for refusing to sign up. I keep telling them it is the modern day version of hanging clothes on the clothes and then gossiping over the backyard fence. I think it's a waste of my time and non productive. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
    :mrgreen:
    My thoughts EXACTLY :lol:

Blog Entries
    I never use Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, etc.....except for PhotoBucket and I store photos there only.

I use facebook -its a great way to keep in touch with my kids and all the goings-on - I can see new pics and updates instantly -Also keep in touch with friends.

I have an account. It is the only way I can find out how distance family members are doing. I am careful about what I post and I keep my info well hidden.

Blog Entries
    I do facebook but mainly its just to stay in touch with family members that do not live close to me..That I love to play some of the games that are on it..

I have FB and a twitter account. I have FB to keep up with my granddaughter, and my cousins and their kids and my husband's niece, nephew and their kids. If I didn't have FB I wouldn't hear from them nearly as often. I don't use the twitter much at all though.

I don't do FB because my son passed away in 2009 and some of his paternal relatives were stealing pictures of my son so I decided to do away with FB and MySpace. Plus in my humble opinion it's just an accident waiting to happen. I still like my email/phone call/text way of communication. I too, spend lots of time on the Quilt forum, so I am where I need to be! :)!!

I have an account on FB. It is how I know what is happening with my kids, grandkids, neices and nephews since we are spread all over the country. It's an easy way to share pictures. I don't post much, but I check every couple of days to see what is happening.

I am on FB. I do it to see pics of the grandkids. I very rearely post anything though. I usually only look at it every week or so. I don't think these young kids know what privacy is the way they post everything they are doing and show pics of a lot of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Melody
    And I thought I was the only one who does not want to FB!! Apparently I am not alone after all... thank you QB friends. My family tries to put the guilt trip on me for refusing to sign up. I keep telling them it is the modern day version of hanging clothes on the clothes and then gossiping over the backyard fence. I think it's a waste of my time and non productive. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
    :mrgreen:
    My response to them would be "No... if that were true, my laundry would be done"

I use Facebook on my phone. I don't normally check it at the computer. I am curious as to what is the difference between FB having your name, and some of the businesses, email providers, banks, etc. I don't think anyone should do it if it makes them uncomfortable. I am not Facebook friends with my grown children - but we are in close contact by phone/email/visit. I do get to keep in touch with some far away people and this does not preclude email, phone, etc. Just an addition.

I have it to communicate with family, and college friends that are out of state, thats all, but you do have to be careful what you say and post on there

Blog Entries
    I love it, lots of family who live far away on there and it's a great way to keep up with a large family and friends in other states.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast