Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Do you Facebook..why or why not?

Blog Entries
    I have to say, after reading all of these posts about Facebook has got me thinking. I joined FB to stay connected with family, I dont have many friends. But family I do. I am the one in the family that use to try and call and visit, but did I ever get that in return....NO...then I found that I was the one posting comments on THEIR pages, but no one ever comments on my page when I posted things....EVER. It really hurts my feelings. So now I just limit my comments and my pictures/videos. I now just post pictures of quilts I have done and not post many pictures of my son anymore. Its wierd, I would get more comments on my quilts then I do on my son. Go figure. PLUS, I have stopped calling and visiting like I use to in the past. I am tired of the one always making the EFFORT to stay in touch. In fact, i told my husband the other night not to tell my TWIN sister or brother, if I was ever in the hospital sick or dieing! They wouldnt care anyway...tell my mom and dad but not my siblings.

Okay, sorry for my rant....sore subject I guess hahahahaha

Second post re: FB, I intentionaly do not friend my 14 yr old daughter. That way I can monitor that her security settings are blocking all and everything. It displays that she only shares info with friends and she uses a senic picture. I can check her board and photos from my husband's account.

I have a FB account...actually two.. because i play those stupid city and farm games lol. But mostly I have my page to keep in contact with all my family and friends scattered all over the country. I have both set to only friends and stuff..I don't spend no where near as much time there now since i found QB =)

I tried face book and didn't like it and not gonna try it again.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have an account,but I must say it bores me. It is the only way I ever see some of my friends and family ,so I check once a week or so,but I seldom post and most generally think its a waste of time,and kind of juvenile.

rb.
    No, we don't have it in the house. We don't allow our teen daughters to use it, so we don't. I keep in touch with family through iChat, the phone, and email, or in person. I don't need to know the daily, mundane things about people. If it's important, they'll emaIl or call. As for pictures, email works just fine, in person is even better.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziC
    After reading one of the posts today, it got me thinking about the Facebook site. Most of my family are on this and laugh at me because i chose not to enroll. It's only because i would never have the time to keep up with it. I have all i can do keeping tract of messages here and viewing all the pics. What little time i have other than that i would rather be quilting! Am i missing something?
    I don't because of nosey mean family members. :thumbdown: :(

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4