Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you remember where you purchased it?

I buy fabric from different sources (many on line) and going to fabric stores in different parts of the country. When the fabric came in the mail, I would check my order and put the receipt in the trash. If I run out of that fabric during a project, I would not remember where I bought it. It hit me finally to save the receipt which generally has the item # (when you order online) along with a swatch so I could reorder.

Blog Entries
    Nope, I don't normally remember where I bought fabric and I've been collecting for quite a few years. I recently started a Day and Night quilt from my stash and don't you know that I ran out of one of the fabrics. I have absolutely no idea where I got the fabric! I started a thread here and no one can find it here, and I can't find it on the internet either. I had to choose another fabric to coordinate and now it's going to be scrappy.

So, I'm wondering if I need to keep track somehow of any new fabrics I get. Hmmm, something to think about! :lol:

Sometimes I do but usually I don't.

I abbreviate & write on the selvage where I got the fabric & the yardage purchased & I do keep my receipts. If fabric was purchased for a particular quilt, I file the receipt with the picture of the finished quilt.

Blog Entries
    Remember where you bought it? I can't even remember buying it in the first place.

Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Queen
    Remember where you bought it? I can't even remember buying it in the first place.

Mary
    LOL, too true.

Actually, I usually remember where I got a piece of fabric, but that doesn't help because by the time I need more it is no longer available.

I usually buy my fabric from Joanns so that helps.

Mary
    :thumbup: Oh, too funny! :lol:

As long as you have notes on the manufacturer and the line name and/or pattern number (all available on the selvage), where you bought it doesn't really matter if/when you need to look for more...at least it never has for me, and I go looking for old favorites quite often.

Me, too. I usually try to save the salvage so I can look on line if I need more. When I had a business I saved every receipt but now I'm very lax about it.

Mary

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast