Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you shop at Connecting Threads?

Blog Entries
    I've tried it. It seems to be very good quality fabric. I guess it all boils down to personal preferance. As for why they can sell cheaper. No middlemen.
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.

I've liked the batiks I've ordered as well as the solid cottons. I agree that the print selection is rather limited but I have found a few things. Haven't tried the thread and I haven't tried, but plan to, their laminates. I've been wanting to make a good raincoat for my dog and their laminate prices seem excellent.
    Pat

I have ordered from them many times and have been very satisfied. I love their batiks but have never used their thread. Customer service I have had no problems.

Blog Entries
    I have used them since they started. This company deals directly with the process from beginning to end. There are no middlemen to pay. So prices are less. I have been happy with the quality of the fabric, especially for the price.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

I stopped ordering from them after two packages arrived in boxes way larger than the items I ordered. I'm talking moving box size for a book! It was just overkill. But their fabrics are really tempting...

The thread is fine, but a bit linty.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaBear61 View Post
    I have used their fabrics many times and they always seem to be high quality. I know they only do their own line and maybe they can have more control over their costs. Their shipping charges etc are also always reasonable.
    I agree with everything MamaBear said. Having their own line must help them control their costs. It has always been great quality when I've ordered (several times). I've heard good things about their thread but never tried it.

I have been using their thread for a long time now...I get the cones of natural, white and black because those are what I use most frequently. I bought some of their fabrics last year for a commissioned quilt and I have to say I was more than pleased with the quality!
    Who needs therapy? I quilt!

Love Connecting Threads. I have made many quilts from thier fabric and it is fine. Cant use thier thread as it breaks to easy.
    There is a quilt shop in Phx that sells fabric as cheap as them. It is on 59 Ave and Northern.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I placed a huge order of solids from them when I ordered 1/2 yards at $1.56 a half yard. I spent $56. It was a huge box of fabric. I said I wasn't going to buy online anymore, but I couldn't say no to an offer like that. When they have a sale, you can't turn away from it. They just had batting on sale and I bought a huge box of batting from them, also. It was pre-packaged high quality batting and close to nothing. Their sales are tremendous. I can't pass them by, even if I don't have much left in the bank. I spend my last dollar there.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast