Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Do you shop at Connecting Threads?

I have ordered from them & so far really like their fabric. Usually my order has been shipped within 24 hours so that's great. Just did another order 2 days ago & they have already shipped it !!
    Dance like no one is watching

[QUOTE=IAmCatOwned;5580314]I haven't bought any fabric from them since they it was no longer American produced.

Is any fabric still American produced?

Quote Originally Posted by cathylynn View Post
    I haven't found this to be the case with Connecting Threads. I am very happy with the quality of fabric purchased and how quickly and correctly my orders have been processed. I will continue to purchase from Connecting Threads as I get more bang for the buck! (hence, more projects!)
    I agree. I really like to shop at Connecting Threads. I love their fabric and the way it always seems to arrive at my home so much faster than other outlets. Also they are generous with their cuts. I don't want to be gypped even 1/2 an inch!!!!!

I love the Connecting Threads, thread. I used it for piecing and free motion quilting; it's wonderful. I do not find it more "linty" than any of the other quality brands, King Tut, Prensia, etc.

I buy my thread from Connecting Threads. I like it.

I've bought a lot from them and had no problems or complaints!

I love robots and they had their robot-themed fabric on clearance, I bought 30 charm packs at a buck each to make myself a quilt. SOME day I'll be done with all these other quilts for other people and will actually put it together! The quality is perhaps not top-of-the-line, but it's definitely "good" - it's not see-thru, doesn't ravel any more than anything else, etc. I've also been pleased with their solids and the mirage line. Their batiks seem "thin" compared to other batiks but that's kind of a good thing since I blend batiks with prints and solids when I use them.

Their thread is linty (about the same as C&C, as someone else noted) but good and you can't beat that price. My Janome 6600 likes it just fine. I use Aurifil for piecing and CT thread for quilting. Next time they have a thread sale I'm going to buy a whole rainbow! I just wish they had variegated thread, then I'd be in hog heaven!

Blog Entries

Ordering from Connecting Threads

I like the Mirage fabrics, make great blenders. I am using the large spool thread, cotton, now and have a lot of spools left so will keep using it. I tried the Essential Pro for my longarm and works really great for that. Then ran out of white spools and used the Ess Pro for piecing....wow, makes such a nice thin seam. The thread is poly and I think it is 70 weight. I will use the spools for other sewing and the cones of poly for piecing from now on. Like someone else mentioned....sure hope they carry varigated soon. Guess we should be emailing them with that wish and I will do so today.

[QUOTE=mariah1876;5582104]
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmCatOwned View Post
    I haven't bought any fabric from them since they it was no longer American produced.

Is any fabric still American produced?
    I was wondering the same thing. I would love to find some but haven't yet. I always think about people complaining about all the jobs going over seas but they will be the first in line to buy the latest and greatest product that is produced over seas. If anyone knows where I can get USA made fabric please let post so I can buy too. But I do agree with Mariah the only way to bring jobs back is to not buy anything made over seas except for what you can't do without.

Their thread was recommended by the business I brought my last machine.

I have been buying from them for several years and have no complaints. I love their fabric and the service they provide.

I've ordered from them lots of time. So far I've been really happy with everything received except for 1 piece of fabric quite a while ago. Called them and they immediately offered a refund on that piece. Great customer service.

I just ordered from them and was pleased with my order. Living in Canada our prices are really getting high here. Living on a budget we have to make that loonie go as far as it can!

I've only bought fabric once from them, in a kit, and the fabric seems to be a courser weave then regular LQS fabric. I haven't even made up that baby quilt yet. Haven't tried their threads yet, but would like to, since my most favorite LQS is going out of business.

Blog Entries
    I have bought from them many times and have never been disappointed. I use their thread all the time.

I buy from CT and am a satisfied customer. One of my orders was around $400.00 during a sale. I am pleased with the fabric I purchased. Will continue to CT...

I have purchased from them many times and have been happy with my experiences.

I would love to buy from CT, but they do not ship overseas

I do like to order from CT....I have never been disappointed and their customer service to me have been superior. I did receive a small item that was damaged but usable but also was for a gift, so I called them, they immediately sent another to me and told me to keep the damaged one, since it was still able to be used.
    Only one piece of fabric was I a bit disappointed in but I can say the same for some I bought in LQS also.
    When CT has their sale on batting.you can't beat it .... they carry the Hobb's brand and it is so very nice.

That's been my take on CT..and I will continue to shop with them. (I use their threads all the time)

I have found the fabric to be a looser weave. Someone on here said she used more starch and that has helped a lot. The customer service offer by CT has always been excellent. They recommend that you do not pre-wash, thought that was odd, but I am not really good about pre-washing my fabric anyway. So no problem
    If you quilt fast enough, does it count as aerobic exercise? Bernice Manning

Yes. All the time. Never a problem

I wanted to place an order with Connecting Threads but cancelled it when the postage was as much as the order. To the person saying they haven't bought anything since the fabric is no longer American produced; I have this comment. Some time ago I mentioned to my hubby that the local quilt shop wants us to think their fabric is superior because it is made in America and so he made it a point to check the bolts and all of it is made overseas. So, now when I go there I don't expect any of it to be American produced.

I have always had the best of quality with what ever I have bought from them.
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

Blog Entries
    I love Connecting Threads, I find there fabric is of very good quality and have never had a problem with it. They also have great customer service.
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan

Blog Entries
    I have a lot of their thread and I like it a lot. It is linty; in my experience all 100% cotton thread is linty, not sure if their's is any more than others. Like their batiks, I can't tell them from LQS batiks. I have quite a bit of their "mirage" fabric which I like the looks of but I've decided it is too heavy for anything but small pieces. Used for backing or borders it makes the quilt heavy. I have a quite a few of their solids as well, which are fine.
    A lot of their fabric designs don't do much for me, so I don't purchase many of the prints.
    Never had a problem with customer service, but then I don't think I've ever had a problem that required customer service.

I love their fabric! I think it is every bit as good as Quilt store fabric. I just made a quilt from a kit I bought from them about 2 yrs ago called Kyoto blues and I couldn't stop touching the fabric because it felt so soft and luxurious. I also used some of their Batiks in a quilt and they were thinner than most batiks but the colors were still glorious and they sewed up well. Also their customer service is great!
    Kathleen, a lass with a bit of the Irish in her blood and a whole lot of Irish in her heart

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast