Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you think your sewing machine is like your best friend >

Do you think your sewing machine is like your best friend

Do you think your sewing machine is like your best friend

Old 11-16-2016, 08:33 AM
Power Poster

I enjoy my machines but my best friend is of the human female kind.
Old 11-16-2016, 09:31 AM

Certainly a great friend, but my DH is my best friend by a long shot! But my machine is a dear friend; I couldn't imagine life without it
Old 11-16-2016, 09:45 AM

Mine are not my best friends but they are very important to me. With the drought I have been concerned about wild fires. The smoke is just hanging in the air. I have given thought, very serious thought, to taking my machines to work for safe keeping where the danger of fire is pretty much nil.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom View Post
Mine are not my best friends but they are very important to me. With the drought I have been concerned about wild fires. The smoke is just hanging in the air. I have given thought, very serious thought, to taking my machines to work for safe keeping where the danger of fire is pretty much nil.
Hubs and I had a conversation about 'in case of emergency' only being able to take one machine. I'm like no. Both machines (401 and 2662) will go. I can always replace the desk cabinet, though I really like it but the machine itself will definitely not be left behind. I have carriers for both machines if need be. They can both be used on top of a table or any sturdy surface. I have a yarn tote on wheels I can fit a lot of things other than yarn. My machines are very dear to me even if I don't make them work very hard.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom View Post
That's a good thought. I've taken things with me to the office before when there was some threat to my home. It's better than worrying about them and possibly losing them.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:14 AM

No. I'm super happy with my machines, but my best friend knows how to cheer me up when I'm too sick to sew/quilt. She comes & visits me in the hospital and will lie about how "good (I) look" even if I just got sick. She celebrates things that matter to me even if they aren't one of her interests (like my quilting). A sewing machine is wonderful, but there is nothing that could ever replace my real best friend.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:54 PM

Oh to follow in her footsteps. What a way to spend the last days.

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
My dogs are my best friends, but my sewing machines run a close second after them.

One of my friends who recently passed away, sewed up until a few weeks before she died. She said sewing made her feel better so she just kept sewing.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:59 PM

*** She is the sister to the Quilting Floor Frame.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:03 PM
Power Poster

Some days she is and other days I want nothing to do with her and she does not with me. LOL
Old 11-17-2016, 06:16 AM

Sometimes a love - hate relationship. But I truly could not live without my machines. They are my calm and sanity. Creativity and just the act of sewing is enough to get me up and out of bed. The wonderful things I make for family, friends, and others surely will keep me and my machine motivated for a long long time, God willing.