Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you think your sewing machine is like your best friend >

Do you think your sewing machine is like your best friend

Do you think your sewing machine is like your best friend

Old 11-17-2016, 06:39 AM

Phoebe Pfaff and Bettina Bernina are very, very dear friends.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by quiltedsunshine View Post
Yes! My sewing machines are my best friends. We work hard together, and play hard together, and get a lot accomplished together.
Yesterday one FW was not being a good friend. I have other friends but these are available 24 / 7 no matter what mood I am feeling.
You ppl oh here can all be my friends too if you want.
Old 11-17-2016, 12:59 PM

In a changing technological world, one has to keep up. I upgraded from a machine I bought in 1969--A wonderful, dependable Elna Super. The machine is still good, but it just doesn't offer what the new machines do, so I finally packaged it up and placed in storage. I cried. I love my current machines, but I guess I will always have a soft spot in my heart for my Elna. Yes, I have learned to love again. My Juki 2010Q is reliable and my Janome has exciting features that I really do love.
Old 11-17-2016, 01:55 PM

It is soothing and relaxing for me to sew. My old Bernina 1230 and I are growing old together. Sure hope it outlasts me.
Old 11-17-2016, 02:53 PM
Suz

Yesterday at Bible Study we were asked to name our three most cherished items. I named my church family, my family/extended family and Lucy, my sewing machine. Then we were asked could we give up one and which one. Obviously, I had to name Lucy. Sorry Luce!!!
Old 11-17-2016, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Garden Gnome View Post
If my sewing machine is my best friend, we had a heck of a fight yesterday. Trying to finish up some FMQ and couldn't get the tension right, thread kept breaking, then I rethreaded it wrong, you name it. Stoopid small eye in the needle. I finally realized the biggest issue was that I didn't have enough light in the room.
I had to laugh at your final statement; of course they're our best friends, they listen to us and help keep our brains working and our sanity; we'd been lost without them and would have to work much harder and slower sewing by hand.
Old 11-17-2016, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mornigstar View Post
Yesterday one FW was not being a good friend. I have other friends but these are available 24 / 7 no matter what mood I am feeling.
You ppl oh here can all be my friends too if you want.
We're all friends here, I hope and think, we meet up every day and enjoy each others company and we don't even have to tidy up before anyone arrives, or make cuppas or cakes - we make and share quilts instead. Thank you all for being my friends, rather like the birds out there, they visit and entertain us every day but we don't have to invite them inside. Of course it would be lovely if we could all meet for a cuppa, but the world is too big to gather in one place.
Old 11-17-2016, 03:35 PM

What a lovely post Ada Shiela. I sit and have a cuppa while reading the forum. My best friend is my hubby, my sanity is my sewing machines.
Old 11-17-2016, 07:02 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I have to admit that my laptop is my best friend. I spend more time with her than most others each day.
My sewing machine is more like a dear old friend that I don't see every day, but we pick right up where we left off and enjoy each others company very much.

Jan in VA
Old 11-18-2016, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
My dogs are my best friends, but my sewing machines run a close second after them.

One of my friends who recently passed away, sewed up until a few weeks before she died. She said sewing made her feel better so she just kept sewing.
.......LOL...My dogs are laying out close to the open doors of my sewing room....so YES...my dogs and my machines are my best friends...they go together...we are sewing together....Cannot imagine my life without this combination....sometimes they are even at the door before me....Happy quilting