Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone own a Husqvarna? >

Does anyone own a Husqvarna?

Does anyone own a Husqvarna?

Old 03-02-2010, 02:55 PM

I have a viking 6570 - older, but still going strong! I love it, and will not trade it for any other current machine. (I will be looking for a mid or long arm, but not another sewing machine.)

The machine has been great!!!
Old 03-02-2010, 03:02 PM

i have had my viking since 1995, absolutally love it, would like to have an updated on but this one has tons of features i have never used. but like my machine,the only prob ive had is the ankle foot broke but after all this time i guess i wont complain, only cost me 3.00 to replace,
Old 03-02-2010, 03:14 PM

I own 3 Viking sewing machines & LOVE them!! I had an older model years ago which I traded in & have never traded one since - just get the newer model & keep the older one. Never had a lick of trouble w/any of them. Of course, I have a fantastic dealer - that makes all the difference!

Let us know what you end up with!
Old 03-02-2010, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Polly C
I own 3 Viking sewing machines & LOVE them!! I had an older model years ago which I traded in & have never traded one since - just get the newer model & keep the older one.
If only I had been able to do that, sigh. I gradually traded my way up to the Diamond, but really wish I still had my Designer 1 etc. as well. However, to make up for that, I recently added a beautiful, red 6460 to my collection :wink:

I was also fortunate enough to get a Bernina 830 a few weeks ago, and I elected to trade in my 730 rather than sell my Diamond.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
I'm looking at different machines right now and have just spoke with a dealer for Husqvarna. How do you like it?
I have a D1 and a Diamond. With the Diamond it comes with hoops that you can do 8 inch blocks and more.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:01 PM

I have a Quilt Designer and love it. Wanted the embroidery but didn't want to pay the major $$$ to upgrade so I got a use Janome 350E Embroidery machine for about $500. I am so glad I went that direction because now I can still sew as the embroidery machine is going, something a combo machine can't do.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:05 PM

I have 2 Viking machines and I absolutely love them. I love my dealer, as well. I think a good dealer makes all the difference.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:39 PM

I started with the Husqvarna Viking #1+, and upgraded to the Designer SE. Both of these machines have been trouble free. I highly recommend Husqvarna, they stitch beautifully, and have all of the needed features.

The Diamond (top of the line) is a popular model, so you might want to talk to your dealer about gently used machines he has available as a result of a customer trading up. My local dealer has some real bargains. Your dealer should fully service the machine and offer a warrenty.

Husqvarna has models to fit any budget. I think you would be very happy being a Husq owner. :wink: :wink:
Old 03-02-2010, 07:30 PM

I have a Freesia (6yrs) and a Scandinavia embroidery machine (3). I absolutly love them both. My dream is to have one of their top of the line embroidery machines with all of the bells and whistles. But I don't think that I would trade in either one of these. They sew like a dream and are easy to operate. Also, the dealer I bought them from gives fantastic service.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by akrogirl
However, to make up for that, I recently added a beautiful, red 6460 to my collection :wink:
What year was the 6460 made? Does it work with cams?
Just wondering if it is comparable to my (irreplaceable) 6570...