Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone own a Husqvarna? >

Does anyone own a Husqvarna?

Does anyone own a Husqvarna?

Old 03-03-2010, 02:34 PM

I have two Roses. I LOVE them. Some day I will get a newer machine, but I would ALWAYS keep my Rose. It is a workhorse!
Old 03-04-2010, 04:34 AM

Polly,

I just bought a 6460 on eBay. I had had a 6430 and had it in storage for nine years and it was all locked up. My repairman was not familiar with it and was unable to get the necessary parts. I purchased a 301A and a 457, I like both of them, but I had used my 6430 for 27 years and find I still miss it. Unfortunately Viking Dealers/repairmen are not very plentiful down here on the ridges in KY. But I bought the 6460 anyway. Someday, perhaps I will find something I love just a much.

P.S. My is Maroon also.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
I'm looking at different machines right now and have just spoke with a dealer for Husqvarna. How do you like it?
If it has computer parts on it the electrical warranty does not cover them.

I am speaking from experience. The light on my computer board where you select your stitches went out and they will/would not replace it.

If I ever buy another sewing machine I am going to stick with Singer.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:55 AM

I have had a Husquavarna since early 70's, a new one about every 10 years for the upgrades no problems. I love them no problems.

Longarm
Old 03-04-2010, 06:01 AM

I have a Huskystar and I love it haven't had any trouble with it I also have a huskystar embrodiery machine love it also
Old 03-04-2010, 06:11 AM

I've had a Husqvarna Rose for a little over 5 years and I like it very much. My husband bought it for me in Florida, thinking I would have at least 2 years to get lessons etc before we retired. I got one lesson and that was it. We sold and moved. The closest dealer is about 1 1/2 hours away but they did help me when two of the option buttons wouldn't work. I wish I knew how to use all the different attachments, and computer programs that it has.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:20 AM

I have a Viking Designer 2. Got it 7 yrs ago and just took it in 3 weeks ago for its first cleaning. The person that did it said it was not as bad as she has seen some. Really was nothing wrong with it other than I thought it was time for me to give it some TLC. I use it a lot not always every day but sometimes several hrs. a week. Make sure where you buy has a service dept. and most all places give free lessons.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:23 AM

I have 4 Viking machines. I have the Designer 1,which I bought in 1995 and have no problems with it at all. I have the HuskyStar 936 serger. I have the Huskystar 215 (this was given to me by my oldest daughter so I can sew when I am embroidering or when my Designer 1 is in the shop for its yearly cleaning. I also have the Mega quilter. All are great macines. I had always wanted a Bernina until I saw the Viking. To me there was no comparison. I love the Viking. Hope you make the right choice for you.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:58 AM

I have a Viking Designer I LE and love it - just bought it a year ago and am still learning about all the things it can do. I also have a Viking Lily555 which I bought in 2003 to replace an old and I mean old Kenmore. I couldn't be happier with both machines. Before I purchased the Designer I I did a lot of research becasue I thought I wanted a Bernina. However, I found that the Bernina has a much longer learning curve and the dealer was also not very helpful. My Viking dealer is 40 minutes away but they have been very willing to answer questions about the Designer I either over the phone or by e-mail when I can't figure out how to do something on the machine - that's what I call excellent service.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:01 AM

I had the Husqvarna D1 and got a water leak over the D1 so I upgraded to the Diamond. I admit I do not take aadvantage of the embroidery part but really like the way it sews. I use lots of decorative stitches when I quilt. But for my classes i take a Janome becauseit is lighter weight. When I look at a machine I want needle up and down, and to be able to move the needle both right and left. I like the Diamond because it has a thread cutter and is handy when I am quilting and have to cut the thread in the middle of the quilt.