Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone use the button for sewing?

Banned
    My Janome has a start/stop. Once I got used to it, I a stopped using the foot pedal altogether. I've used the button so much the print on the button has worn off.

Yup, I use the button on my Janome. I just got tired of my foot pedal walking away every time I used it.
    I even bought one of those things that is supposed to keep it from doing that--didn't work.

So now my foot pedal is put away and I just use the button. Yes it takes a little getting used to when you first stop using the pedal. But hey there is a learning curve to everything.

Chris

I use the button. Took a little getting used to. I only use the pedal for machine applique where I need more control of the speed.

Blog Entries
    I have a new Brother NX2000 and I use my button all the time. I unplugged my foot pedal a while back and haven't used it again. I really like the button.

Sometimes I do, sometimes not. My kids' Brother machine has to have the foot pedal unplugged to use the start/stop button to sew, as does my Bernina Aurora 440 QE. One of the many nice features of my Babylock Quest Plus is that the foot pedal can stay plugged in and I can still use this feature.

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    I have two older Singers - one from the 50s and one from 1969. I have never heard of an on/off button on a sewing machine! Sounds useful though!

Do all newer machines have one?

I don't don't use the Stop/Start button for regular piecing. I like to start slow and then pedal to the metal. If you use the button you can't control your speed easily. But, it's a handy feature for some people.

I use my start and stop button on my brother (where is my pedal??) but the rest of my machines don't, when switching i always look for the pedal and then remember push button and then I'm good until the next time.( i always look)

Blog Entries
    I also have a slide control for speed which I adjust to what I am doing, slow for applique, speed fo piecing. I've mastered using both for c omfortable sewing.

I have a Janome 6600 and never unpacked the foot pedal. I sew exclusively with the start/stop.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast