Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone use a Husqavara Quilting Machine

My neighbor bought one new for her mother at Christmas. She pieced one quilt with it and then she died. They paid $400 or more for it new and wants $200 for it now. I'm planning on buying it but Don't know if they are difficult to use or anything about them that I should know. I am using a Janome and a Brother CE4000 Computer machine which might be for sale soon. I know it's a good price and have hear they are great machines. Any info might help me decide for sure.

Do you have a model #??? Can't really answer without knowing a little about it. Sounds like a good deal, but I would go the the huskvarena site after you get the model # to check out the features...

I didn't ask her the model number. SHe just bought it about 3 months ago so I imagine it's one of the newer ones. I will look it up though before I take her any money.

Thanks for writing..

Are you talking about a long arm, or a quilting/sewing machine? I have a Husqvarna platinum which is suppose to be good for quilters. I love mine, if that is any help.

It's not a long arm. Just a sewing machine. I can't wait to see it tomorrow.[b]

Take your camera & snap a few shots to share here so we know exactly what you're looking at. I have a Sapphire 870 (Xmas) & am learning to like it.

I have a Husqavara 1100 that I bought used from a lady who worked at a Sewing Machine Sales Store, she had taken great care of it and had it serviced on a regular basis, she paid almost 3000.00 for it new almost 20 years ago and I paid 500.00 when I bought it from her 5 or 6 years ago, it's great and I love it, I will never get rid of it! I have never had a problem with it, it's still a dream machine to me!

$400 for a brand new Husqvarna sounds pretty cheap. I would be interested to know the model.

I have the platnium 750. I can't imagine sewing with anything else. I too would love to know the model. I use to sell these machines a few years ago when I worked in a quilt shop.

That's what I have too Aggi. Hubby bought it for me for Christmas and I am taking lessons at a quilt shop around 45 min from my home. I am thrilled with it so far!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast