Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does anyone use a Husqavara Quilting Machine

Quote Originally Posted by conblond2005
    I make amaretto New York style cheese cake with coconut macaroons for crust. Best cheese cake you can ever eat. So what you think of my new machine?

ooh wanna send one my way!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by conblond2005
    How often do you get your Husqvarna serviced? Just wondering. I am gonna send my daughter my Brother. She has a simple machine from Sears and it is in need of service. She refuses to do regular quilts but does do a lot of the fringed ones so she can quilt each block as she goes. She did a beautiful one for me. I haven't washed it enough to get the fringes looking like they should. I only get it out when company comes. LOL
    I don't have anyone in the are anymore that services Husqvarnas as we lost our dealer about a year ago. I sold these machines, so I have a good idea how they work, so I do much of the maintenance on them myself. But if anything serious was to happen i would be hunting down a repair person REAL fast :)

Just keep doing routine clean ups, be sure to clean out under the throat plate and bobbin case....keep changing your needles after 12 hours of sewing with them and you should be fine :)

Don't think it would mail very easily but I'll sure give you the recipe if you want it. It really is simple to make.

Thanks for the advise about the thread. I'm lucky to have a dealer that does work on about any machines. He worked at AAA before they shut down and now he works in Thornton, CO at Above and Beyond Sewing and Vac. Most of her service only cost $49 and if he does a full cleaning they he charges $99. The last guy that worked on one of my machines charged me about $268. A real rip off.

I bought a Sapphire 870 a few months ago and I love it. congrats on your deal and freebies.

What a haul! I'm glad you got so many extras. Can't wait to see what that puppy can do!

Blog Entries
    Please take a picture of your Brother Machine and post it. I may be interested. Thanks, GiGi

ME TOO! Just don't get too much done with all the e-mail I get. My sewing room looks like a bomb went off today. I took two small quilts out to my quilter friend today. I hate hand sewing the binding on so she is gonna show me how to sew it on with the machine. She does such a great job on it and of course it hold's so much better than my crummy hand sewing does. Can't wait to get it figured out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2