Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Does your LQS have a toy box?

One of the ones I have gone to does, and most of the yarn shops I frequent have toys and books for the kids. One even has a set up in the corner so mom can sit and knit while the kids are within sight.

Blog Entries
    When I first read the title of this thread, I thought you might be referring to a "toy box" of quilting gadgets that the quilters can try before they buy...which I think would be an awesome idea! :)

I have not noticed a play area for kids in any shops I go to, but I don't have little ones anymore, so I haven't thought about looking. But I think it's a good idea. It's been a lot of years, but I hated shopping with my kids when they were little because I couldn't concentrate on what I wanted to do when they were with me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    No but we only have a Joann's close by us. God bless. Penny

Tammy Tadd's in Sycamore IL. has one tucked in the sale corner at the back of the store away from the door. Very bright and cheerful. Also a couple of chairs for the non shopper.

Prairie Shop Quilt's in Batavia has a great area by the books. Nice table and chairs so you can actually look at the books.

Both are great stores with friendly staffs. No wonder my budget is always shot.

Yes our LQS does have a toy box and a store dog (a live one) that the kids love. The toys are fun and keep them occupied, but the dog is even better. Abby loves children and is more than happy to play with even the littlest of the kids who accompany thier mom's. Lot of people come into the shop just to say hi to her. :)

How sweet to have a toy area for the kiddos. I love the stores that have an easy chair and tv for the hubbies too. Now how clever is all that? Keep the family occupied while the quilter takes her time and spends big bucks. Kudos to those shops! I hope they are surviving during these hard times. They really deserve it. Cater to us and we will come.

Quote Originally Posted by katiebear1
    Quote Originally Posted by JanetM
    Yes, Great American Quilt Factory in Denver, CO has a play area with a small table and chairs and lots of toys to keep the kids occupied while Mom shops.

They also have some nice chairs by the book section so you can really relax while deciding which book is the one for you.

I used to live in Denver, and this was my favorite LQS.
    I used to live in Denver too, but back then I didn't quilt. My kids still live there. Next time I go visit I will have to go there. Do you remember what part of town it was in?
    Here is a link for the Great American Quilt Factory located on E. Hampden Ave. (just north of the Denver Tech Center). It is a quilters paradise.

http://www.greatamericanquilt.com/

Here is another one on Holly (near Countyline Rd.). It is smaller but has a very nice selection of fabrics, books, and patterns.

http://www.quiltcabin.com/

the one lqs i frequently go to has a toy box . matter of fact that is the one place my niece goes straight to when she is done picking out fabrics with auntie .

the one lqs i frequently go to has a toy box . matter of fact that is the one place my niece goes straight to when she is done picking out fabrics with auntie .

Blog Entries
    cool idea

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5