Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: double eye needle

Have anyone used this needle in their sewing machine? The LQS owner said it forms a unique look when using two different colours of thread. There must be a trick to this because on my Husqvarna only the thread in the lower hole of the needle shows, the thread in the upper hole does not catch at all.

Blog Entries
    Never heard of this. I hope someone here knows how to use it. Did you Google it to try to find instructions?

Here's some instructions. Very interesting!!

http://www.thecolorfulworldofsewing....ve-sewing.aspx

Thank you very much - I check out the site you sent. I must remember Google - never think of it. I am going to try what they suggest.

Blog Entries
    There was a discussion here too, about this needle a little while ago. Don't forget to use the search feature here too :D:D:D

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-143791-1.htm

Thanks ladies. I read some of the posts. I tried to make it work on my machine - doesn't. I never thought of putting two threads through on one needle.
    Love this site. I feel I have a whole bunch of new best friends who I have coffee with every morning.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvie45
    Thanks ladies. I read some of the posts. I tried to make it work on my machine - doesn't. I never thought of putting two threads through on one needle.
    Love this site. I feel I have a whole bunch of new best friends who I have coffee with every morning.
    I just watched a video from Nancy's notions on youtube using double needles. When using two spools of thread, you have to have one come off the spool under and the other over so the threads don't become tangled in the tension doo hickey. I don't know if this is the same for double eye needles but I would think so. . ..