Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Duvet Measurements

I have a 104x88 down comforter that I want to make a Duvet cover for and the websites I've found only give measurements for 60" fabric. I wish to use 108" fabric. I've figured 6 1/4 yds. Have I figured enought?

Thank You all in advance...Andie

:D

Quote Originally Posted by desertrose
    I have a 104x88 down comforter that I want to make a Duvet cover for and the websites I've found only give measurements for 60" fabric. I wish to use 108" fabric. I've figured 6 1/4 yds. Have I figured enought?

Thank You all in advance...Andie

:D
    Measure your down comforter and add an 1inch or 1.1/2inches all around for the seam allowance. If you are going to put clips on it add an extra 3inches at the opening and fold it into 3 for thickness to take the wear of opening and closing the cover.

if you buy 6 1/4 yd of 108 wide fabric you will have 108"x 225" (6.25x 36) do you have to double part of it for your duvet? that seems like alot of excess...but will add to your stash :thumbup:

a regular here
    Yes buying 108" fabric would be easier, and no seams dowm the middle.

I need to make a cover also but was just going to buy 2 flat sheets from wal- mart.Like to use my quilt on top so doesn't matter what it looks like underneath.....

I measured 3.23 X 36= 116.28" This would leave me 6" for the fold over at the top of the duvet. Is this correct?

Andie