Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Electric Quilt Question >

Electric Quilt Question

Electric Quilt Question

Old 07-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Power Poster

I am sure you are going to love it. I can get my cutting instructions under block (not quilt, that gives you the yardage you will need) and then go to print. Have fun and let us know how you like it.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Adriane
Just an update - I got the software in the mail yesterday! It has four activations, so I'm going to place it on my laptop and my husbands desktop. Honestly, it looks a little complicated right now, but I haven't really dug in. I mean, I can use Photoshop, QuarkXPress, InDesign and Microsoft SharePoint, so I think I can handle this. I did purchase the "Simplified" book as well. I'm excited to use it all!
I have the Simplified book too and it is very user friendly!! Do all the lessons as they will help alot! I have done several of them and still have a few more to complete. I have had the software for about 2 years now, but havent' really had the chance until recently to really sit down and play around with it. I still have a ton of questions about it, but between the book and this fabulous knowledgable group I have no worries finding answers!
Old 07-16-2009, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
Just an update - I got the software in the mail yesterday! It has four activations, so I'm going to place it on my laptop and my husbands desktop. Honestly, it looks a little complicated right now, but I haven't really dug in. I mean, I can use Photoshop, QuarkXPress, InDesign and Microsoft SharePoint, so I think I can handle this. I did purchase the "Simplified" book as well. I'm excited to use it all!
I have the Simplified book too and it is very user friendly!! Do all the lessons as they will help alot! I have done several of them and still have a few more to complete. I have had the software for about 2 years now, but havent' really had the chance until recently to really sit down and play around with it. I still have a ton of questions about it, but between the book and this fabulous knowledgable group I have no worries finding answers!
Thats interesting because I was a little concerned that it would cause a problem. I am going to have a look on ebay, I have been told to ask that it has the "dongle"because without that you wonīt get the activications and to ask how many they have used if its not a new machine. I am going surfing for my Xmas present from DH :D
Old 07-16-2009, 03:05 PM

THanks a heap for the info. Can it be purchased at local quilt shops?

You ladies are dolls.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Thats interesting because I was a little concerned that it would cause a problem. I am going to have a look on ebay, I have been told to ask that it has the "dongle"because without that you wonīt get the activications and to ask how many they have used if its not a new machine. I am going surfing for my Xmas present from DH :D
I am puzzled - I don't have a dongle with my EQ6, but I do have a dongle with the embroidery package with my Bernina 730. Has someone got muddled up, or is it me?
Old 07-16-2009, 09:44 PM

Well the only thing I know about it is, I told someone I was going to buy E6 from ebay and she advised me to make sure it had a dongle so that it was transferable to other machines. Sometimes if they are second hand they have used all their transfers up so you buy it and then canīt use it.

Does that make sense ??
Old 07-16-2009, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by amma
You can print out a rotary cutting diagram for your blocks
It does not give you instructions on how to piece a block or which way to press your seams
You can print out individual templates for your block

If you print out foundation pieced blocks it does number the piecing sequences for you on each section of the block

You can print out a picture of the individual blocks and/or the whole quilt for reference
I was curious about the same thing! In fact I was thinking about it the other day and was going to throw that question out there myself.

Yes you can print templates, I saw someone do it at our quilting group, however I would need to ask her how she did it again as I canīt remember.

Where do you go to find and print off the rotary cutting instructions? Are there ways to see templates too?
Old 07-17-2009, 12:15 AM

Rosie,
You can purchase EQ6 at most quilt shops but don't pay more than $149.00 for it. If you are patient you can sometimes get it for less on ebay.

Whoever mentioned the dongle... I don't have a EQ6 dongle either. I got one w/my PE Design embroidery software but hadn't heard of one for EQ6.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Sisters Embroidery
Rosie,
You can purchase EQ6 at most quilt shops but don't pay more than $149.00 for it. If you are patient you can sometimes get it for less on ebay.

Whoever mentioned the dongle... I don't have a EQ6 dongle either. I got one w/my PE Design embroidery software but hadn't heard of one for EQ6.
Then I may be wrong I was quoting what was said to me. Anyway I have found EQ6 for 129$ at Quilt Plaza. Free delivery to Europe, donīt know about the States, worth a look, they ahve a lot of special offers on software etc.

Elle