Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Electric Quilt 7 question >

Electric Quilt 7 question

Electric Quilt 7 question

Old 04-10-2013, 05:58 PM

Default Electric Quilt 7 question

How do we export the embroidery designs in EQ7 to our embroidery machines to create our quilt blocks?
Old 04-10-2013, 06:41 PM
Power Poster

What kind of embroidery machine? For my 440QE, I just copy the .exp file to the laptop that I use for the embroidery software's hookup to the 440.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:40 PM

For my machine (the one I don't have yet) here is what I have to do (theoretically):
from eq (in the stitching window) click on stitching/export stitching file
choose brother (pes) from the drop down
save it
connect the machine to the computer
find the file (documents/my eq7/emb)
copy the pes file to the machine

OR use a different program (probably ped basic, in my case) to transfer the file to a card and then put the card in the machine.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:26 PM

I find no such feature in EQ7 as you state here "from eq (in the stitching window) click on stitching/export stitching file".

I've since been told we cannot export the Embroidery files from EQ to our embroidery machines and are to be used only to set into a quilt in the EQ program to see how it would look however I find no such feature either to do this.

There is an embroidery library in EQ it does not state on how to use it. Doesn't make sense to me there having it there and you can't export it anywhere. I have found out also since my posting this message that EQ now has an additional software program called EQ stitch that you can buy for $249 which just came out last month so you can import the EQ7 embroidery library to use on your embroidery machines.

IMHO this is silly. Why did they even bother putting the embroidery library in EQ7 couple years ago if there was no way for us to make use of it in making our quilts.

My embroidery machine is Singer Futura SES2000 which reads ALL formats from all other brand machines out there.

I can't even figure out what format this embroidery library is in EQ7 and I'm still trying to figure a work around to using it even within EQ7 to place in a quilt format.

I've tried what another lady told me to do and it is not possible to even use it in EQ7 to design a quilt with or at least I've yet to find it.

Oh well guess I'll just keep digging.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:35 PM

So sorry-I thought you had EQ stitch. The designs that are in the embroidery section of EQ7 are not available in EQ. They are available from the companies that created them. They're in there for about the same reason as the fabrics-to give you ideas and to be used as examples. Basically if you have access to those files through the original creators, you can use the examples in EQ to see how they would look on a project. But you can't stitch from them. Even if you have EQ stitch you can't export the ones shown in EQ7 as embroidery files. There are embroidery files in EQ Stitch but not those (the files from the former embroidery section are now called "embellishments" in EQ Stitch). If there are files you want, all you can do is mouse over to see who makes them and search for them to buy.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:35 PM

Thanks for your response gale.

Guess EQ Stitch is not what I need.

The software program in my Singer SES 2c000 Futura is sufficent to read any file format from all machine brands.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:43 PM

EQ Stitch is more for creating custom embroidery files or using the files provided in the program (different ones from the ones in EQ7). I bought it so I could make custom quilt labels but I can't do anything like edit other company's files in it. It's pretty limited but I managed to get it when it was 40% off so for my purposes, it's fine. I'm glad you didn't buy it and then realize it wasn't the right one for you.