Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Elegante babylock >

Elegante babylock

Elegante babylock

Old 01-21-2015, 05:59 PM

Default Elegante babylock

I am looking at a used Babylock Elegante embroidery machine. I know the person selling the machine. I know nothing about this machine but I thought some of you might have the machine and let me know the good and the bad of the machine. It comes with the original things that come with the machine...plus a book that is about $100. If you have the machine, is it user friendly, easy to load designs, a good machine? It is about 10-12 years old and she wants $2,000. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:11 PM

I would say this would be a good deal, have you checked on line what a new one would cost?
Old 01-21-2015, 06:16 PM

They are very user friendly and I do believe that is a good deal. Has she had it serviced lately. I would ask her if she would get it serviced even if all it needs is a good cleaning let her pay for it. I don't know what it costs in your area but I know my BabyLock dealer charges $120.00 just for a PM. I fortunately have a service agreement on my machine which cost me $189.00 for 3 years so I take it in at least 4 times a year and it includes parts.

Oh and another thing, there is a way to see exactly how many stitches have been sewn on a machine like that, I know because my mother owned an Elageo and in the book they tell you have to check that out.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:38 PM

Does it have USB attachment? It would be first thing I would want my machine to have.....
Old 01-22-2015, 09:45 AM

I have the Ellegante and bought m ine back around 2007. Its a good machine and I've never had any issues with it up to this date. I find having any machine services though has gotten quite expensive plus I live in a small town so have to travel some distance to have it cleaned. Cleaning the bobbin area regularly is a must on any machine but I tend to take extra steps so I can get away from yearly maintenance trips. I have even taken the side piece off when I got thread trapped. I love my machine but use it basically for embroidery as I have my trusty Viking D1 for piecing these days. Its an embroidery machine too but I love it for piecing or regular sewing.

I also just got the basic items for my Ellegante but it embroiders great. Its also user friendly, easy to load designs. I use Embird for thread color changes, altering designs, making my quilt labels, etc. The price for a machine that old seems a bit high but then I haven't purchased a new embroidery machine since 2007??? Just my take on the subject.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:51 AM

I would be a little hesitate to spend that much on a machine that old with no guarantee.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:07 PM

I love my Ellegante. I typically only use it for embroidery as I prefer my Janome for piecing. It does a beautiful job with stitching out designs and I haven't really had any problems with mine and I've had it for several years. I would insist on having it taken for service prior to purchase.