Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Emptied Mom's house, Fabric and quilt tools everywhere

Blog Entries

Emptied Mom's house, Fabric and quilt tools everywhere

Please help. We had to move Mom to an Assisted Living for Memory Care facility in Plano, TX. We cleaned out her house and now have large boxes of fabric, quilt tools, plastic stencils (I guess this is what these are) and some quilt tables. I do not want to sell these items. Mom has always been a generous individual and I want to keep in the spirit. Can anyone please tell me where I can donate these items in Plano, Texas, to maximize the use of everything? I can divide them up between multiple organizations without a problem. Any ideas, suggestions, etc. are most appreciated! Thank you for your attention, Christina

Blog Entries
    if you can find your local quilting guild they can help, also many churches have groups that make charity quilts. Good luck, I think this is a wonderful way to honor your mom too. I hope she is as well as she can be.
    Patski
    always learning

You mention that she is in an *assisted* care facility, can she still sew some things?? Hugs as you walk this path. I cared for DMIL-Alz for 7 years.

piney

Project Linus is a great organization, here's a link showing their Plano drop off sites, perhaps you could give them a call. http://pldallas.org/faqs/#dropoff

Blog Entries
    Thank you! She is my Hero.

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    Ok I wanted to put some notations in with my links but it would not let me...
    First I am so sorry to hear that your Mom has had to be moved to assisted living. I understand how hard that is. I sincerely hope things go well.

I added a few links in my first message of local guilds with charities who are always looking for fabric. Bless you!
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

Power Poster
    So sorry that your mom had to go to assisted living, such a hard thing to do but yet it is better for everyone. Hope you find a worthy place(s) for all her supplies.

I have worked for Hospice for 8 years. We have volunteers who make lap robes and give one to each new patient. This wonderful gift thrills the patient and their families. Not sure if each hospice does this, but it would be a great donation to the volunteers who sew these beautiful gifts. When my MIL was on hospice I used to look at her hospice lap robe on her bed and think of the hours someone spent making something for a stranger.

'LINUS Project' look ONLINE and there should be one in that area!
    May Your Life Be Full of Charity and Love.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast