Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: EQ 7 question (s)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'm thinking of getting a computer design program so I can design on something other than graph paper or Excel.

1) What one do you recommend?

2) with EQ 7 (or any of them) once you design a quilt, or even a block does it calculate for you how much fabric you need of each color to make the quilt?

3) can you change the configurations for the designs to make a variety of quilt sizes from the same pattern you design?

Thanks for your help.

Blog Entries
    Yes to question #2 and #3. It only takes a few clicks to adjust the size of the blocks, add more, take them away, widen or make the borders more narrow, as well as to add or subtract them.

I have only used EQ and I love it :D:D:D

Hi,

I, too, am interested in EQ7....seems to do everything!
    From what I have read, learned from others, and seen on videos on their site, I believe the answer is yes to all your questions.
    It sounds pretty amazing!

Bev

I love EQ too! Their website has a wonderful lineup of resources too - tutorials, challenges, mysteries that teach you about different features of the product.

Have EQ7 now, started with EQ5.

One of the fun things you can do is scan your fabrics to audition them in blocks, or download swatches - both from EQ (monthlyl libraries) or from some manufacturers :)

Hi,

I have a question.....when you say scan your fabric you mean with a scanner that's on your printer....or is there something in EQ7 that does that or how???
    I know someone who takes a digital picture of her fabric and then puts that into EQ7.
    And what's this library you mentioned.
    Guess this is the part of EQ7 I am not understanding.....and I think I really do want the program!

Bev

Blog Entries
    Sorry to hijack your topic but I'm just learning about EQ!! I just purchased EQ5 but want to put it on my desktop which runs on Windows 7. Is there a way to upgrade (without buying EQ7) so it will run on Windows 7?

Nothing really compares to EQ7. It really is an amazing program. If you have a difficult time teaching yourself how to use it, Quilt University (online) offers amazing EQ classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanamoms
    Sorry to hijack your topic but I'm just learning about EQ!! I just purchased EQ5 but want to put it on my desktop which runs on Windows 7. Is there a way to upgrade (without buying EQ7) so it will run on Windows 7?
    I'd call customer service and ask them this question.

EQ is really fun and versatile. Beware very addictive!!!!!! Lots and lots of neat stuff that you can do with this program.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewcrafty
    EQ is really fun and versatile. Beware very addictive!!!!!! Lots and lots of neat stuff that you can do with this program.
    OH NO - not another addiction!!! LOL :-D

I'm already addicted to designing, quilting and longarming. At least this will make the design process easier for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast