Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ for Mac users >

EQ for Mac users

EQ for Mac users

Old 09-17-2014, 09:58 AM

Default EQ for Mac users

EQ has come out with programing for Mac users. Does anyone have it and, if so, how do you like it? I want to get one but don't want to have to deal with any potential bugs in the program before it is perfected. Hate to get "newest" anything because I am afraid all the "kinks" haven't been worked out of it yet. Anyone else like that?
Old 09-17-2014, 11:07 AM

I don't have it yet, but would also like to find out how it works. Have always wanted EQ.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:28 AM

I have it and it works great. I find the program itself isn't as user friendly as I'd like, but that's probably just me.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:17 PM

Thanks Alvastitcher for asking about this as i recently switched to Mac....
Candace
Did you have the windows version before? do you know friends who has it so you can compare with the Mac version?

Thanks
Old 09-17-2014, 03:36 PM

I have it and it works exactly like the Windows version. No difference at all. I had the Windows version and am SO much happier with the Mac version. Don't have to change over any more!! If you have the Windows version, be sure to just get the update - don't pay full price for the Mac version. At least that's what I got when I bought it several months ago. They had a special price for those who already have the Windows version and want to change.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:02 PM
Power Poster

Yes, there is a learning curve. I just updated from EQ5 to EQ7 and I still don't know all the new stuff. But once you get the concept of the sketchboard and the difference between working on a block or a quilt, I think you will be OK. Once you have learn the ropes, it is amazing how many things you can do with just a click of a mouse !! Love the simplicity of import photos of fabrics!!
Old 09-18-2014, 07:00 PM

Cindi...
Wow thanks! i didn't know that all i needed was a migration kit for only $25. That's great, but i just have to make sure this also work when having the EQ stitch too.
Originally Posted by cindi View Post
I have it and it works exactly like the Windows version. No difference at all. I had the Windows version and am SO much happier with the Mac version. Don't have to change over any more!! If you have the Windows version, be sure to just get the update - don't pay full price for the Mac version. At least that's what I got when I bought it several months ago. They had a special price for those who already have the Windows version and want to change.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:00 AM

Thank you all for the input. I have not used EQ at all before and this will certainly be a big adventure for me. I am not computer literate according to my husband. He gets me straightened out a lot. Lol. Ok I am going to order it!
Old 09-20-2014, 07:56 PM

There was an interactive tutorial on EQ site and I think it was supposed to stay up. Check to see because it was really helpful to me.