Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Eye Candy Overload

Just got back from the Quilt Show in Cincinnati. Oh my goodness, we saw some beautiful quilts! Didn't even think to take a camera.

While it was busy, I didn't feel it was overcrowded. We even scored a free parking space one block away.

I made DH come with me. He commented on quilts he liked and didn't like, so I got some good ideas for a quilt for him.

If you're in the area, and have a chance to go tomorrow, I highly recommend it!

Wish I could be there. Two of my grandkids live in Cincinnati, so I would get double the pleasure!

It is a short day tomorrow I see,10-3, would you recomend going for this short of time? I thought about going tomorrow,it is a tough decision as I am on call for work beginning at 5pm and most likely will be called in so I will be going to work on no sleep if I choose the show. Would any of you that have been choose to go if it ment no sleep for 24 hrs?

I just can't do the no sleep anymore, so I'd say no...

Quote Originally Posted by raedar63
    It is a short day tomorrow I see,10-3, would you recomend going for this short of time? I thought about going tomorrow,it is a tough decision as I am on call for work beginning at 5pm and most likely will be called in so I will be going to work on no sleep if I choose the show. Would any of you that have been choose to go if it ment no sleep for 24 hrs?
    I can't function without sleep, but check out this post to see what you will be missing.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-114850-1.htm

I doubt I'll make it there, but I agree that large quilt shows can be an eye candy overload, especially the one in Sisters, OR. 2000 + quilts hanging from the rafters, and anything that couldn't get up and walk away. I'm sure my mouth worked better as a fly-trap those days; I was constantly having to shut it with my hand. Mind boggling just does not describe it.