Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11

Thread: Fabric Moritorium Challenge

Blog Entries
    I needed to make a sash for a long formal for my great niece for Saturday, and of course she needs it in the one fabric I do not own Black & White ZEBRA PRINT, so I did have to buy 2.5 yds, I only needed 9" wide but the print went long instead of across so to get the print right, I had to buy the longer length. I will be good, I will be good.
    Live, Laugh & Love, for tomorrow may never come.
    Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    Well, I have been good also, no new fabric. But, I don't count thrift store fabric, it isn't NEW. I bought a big duvet cover (they are great for 1 piece backings) yesterday at Goodwill for $1.29. The fabric for each side measured out to about 6.75 yards, so I paid about ten cents a yard. I don't think that would fall into the Moratorium do you?
    Sounds good to me. I do that myself sometimes.

well, i made it through January without spending a dime on my quilting---and finished a ufo, put together a quilt top from my stash, made 2 'Quilts for Kids' quilts and have a 'new' raggy quilt 1/2 way done! so---i feel like i'm on the right track!
    now, to get through February.
    i think it will be an easy one- i did receive a gift certificate for Christmas from a shop i've never been to-in a town i do not visit often (once or twice a year) our 'tax preparer' is in this town and our appointment is the middle of Feb. so, i'm thinking maybe i can stop into the quilt shop after our tax app....and maybe use my gift cert....we shall see-
    and i may have to buy some thread this month- but i'm trying to use up all those spools with just a bit on them---having to re-thread often- but i'm emptying spools
    along with being a challenge it sure makes me feel (inspired?) to use what i have instead of heading for the quilt shop -- looking forward to another (stash quilt) in February
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    January was a success, so now on to February. Maybe I'm fortunate to have a good stash (somewhat dwindling) or maybe it's the fact that there are no fabric stores within a 75 mile radius, but either way I still hanging in there. I surf the net and see all the online fabric stores and think...ummmmmmmmm, but not yet! The new scrappy challenge here on the board should keep me occupied for a little while LOL.
    Quilting is my PASSION not my pass time.
    If Your DREAMS don"t Scare You...Then They Are NOT Big Enough!!!Dare to DREAM!

www.quilterella.ca

All of you are doing great. I've posted a new thread in the main forum: http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...y-t178097.html
    Last edited by kateyb; 02-04-2012 at 04:19 AM.

Blog Entries
    I am doing well in February so far- no purchases. I do have to buy backing for a quilt top - but my deal is I have to sell some stash to buy any fabric. So, I have put some fabric on QB - and have sold enough to fund the quilt backing!! This sell to buy is my goal on the fabric moratorium when I need something that is not in my stash. I also given myself 3 free "get out of jail free" passes for those days when I cannot resist fabric.
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11