Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fabric Moritorium Challenge

I'd love to say I could do that - but I know myself only too well. I just have no will power when it comes to fabric. Most of the time I just try to stay out of the quilt shops. Once I'm in the door all bets are off.

I'm in with a few free passes as well. I'm planning to separate my stash soon into a "for me" pile, for family gifts pile and for charity pile. Want to make some pillowcases for some nursing homes with the pretty fabrics I've picked up on sale here and there. I have two or three baby quilts to make.
    My very supportive husband has been asking questions like " when you buy, do you have a project in mind?" a few times lately. It would be great to get some fabrics cleared out.
    My problem has been finding the time to sew. I love it when I allow myself to but with work, am often too tired to cut with a rotary cutter at night or to sew a straightish line.
    lots2do

Quote Originally Posted by AUQuilter View Post
    I am in. Clearing out the UFOs (especially the ones for ME), cutting up stash pieces with Accuquilt membership I bought in 2011, and getting the stash under control. Fortunately, I have a nice setup and space (according to some) but when I can't find a tool, a pattern, or a project,... Well let me just say again, I am in.
    What is an AccuQuilt Membership? I recently purchased a Go!

I'll try but may have to go through a 10 step program to detox from fabric shopping

I could use just my stash with no new fabrics and still not use it up for at least 50 years. And who could go that long with buying new fabric. No me.

Blog Entries
    I'm also in. Have several projects ready to go and several that just need a little tweaking and will be ready for the quilter.
    As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Lori S I totally understand Mary Jo's. nhweaver I like your adds. I too will try for 2012. Kateyb thanks for the challenge!
    Linda

I'm going to try again this year. Last year I made it till Feb. I've just spent 1 1/2 wks. cleaning my sewing room. Found fabric I don't even remember buying. I have enough kits and UFOs that I could sew all year just to get them done (and that doesn't leave any time to sew purses for my craft shows). I'm almost embarrassed at the amount of fabric I have.
    JUST BECAUSE IT'S ON SALE DOESN'T MEAN I HAVE TO BUY IT!!!!!!!!
    I Quilt Therefore I Am

Pat

You lost me on the first rule! No new fabric until November 2012!
    Last year I tried it, and I lasted 3 days.
    BUT I did pull out my 3 large boxes of UFOs and started working on 2 of them.
    Hoping I can keep at it all year.
    Just One Proud Military Mom!!!

My quilting friends and I are trying to get healthy, walking and watching what we eat. We are not buying fabric until we loose some weight. For each 5 pounds an individual looses, as a reward, she can and will buy $25.00 of fabric.
    With quilters for friends, I will always be warm.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast