Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Fabric Museum

Your quilts are absolutely stunning & the colors are awesome!

Wow, your quilts are wonderful!

GASP! Those are amazing.

I'm blown away by the beauty of your quilts.

Are they your design? Carol

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Lori, they are exquisite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am truly speechless :D
    My oldest fabric is a gorgeous piece from the 1860's in pristine condition. I need to get it out and post it.
    Thanks for sharing! U do amazing work!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    I really really like the first one. Where can I get the pattern. Your colors are perfect. All your quilts are lovely but I'm drawn to the first one

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Lori, all three are absolutely breathtaking. Can you give us the names of the patterns at least? I can find it with the name. COngrats on beautiful quilts. I have a huge "fabric museum myself" those fabrics I bought because I liked them and could not bring myself to cut them. One day another match will come up and I will do it. I don't have nay really old fabric. I do have a piece in a bag that says it is 1920 and original flour sack. SO I kept it in the plastic bag. Please let us know the name of the patterns. Thank you.

Those are amazing quilts!! I don't have a museum yet. I only have enough fabric to make one quilt right now. :(

The patterns are:
    First quilt - Twisted Bargello by Chris Timmins
    Comment - it was surisingly easy once I got into the pattern
    Second Quilt - Is by Dereck Lockwood
    Comment - It was listed as fast and easy ( thought he had some brillaint method) it was a very very long process , as each square ends up only 1/2 inch finished. It is done in strips but it is still very time consuming.
    Third Quilt - Is "joy" by Jacqueline de Jonge
    Comment - It is a Dutch pattern, I found the intructions to be a bit ...less than perfect ( I think the person who translated was not a sewer) it is paper pieced , but at the time I purchased the pattern none of the papers were included or available for purchase. It said to trace all of the units. I did e- mail the artist and she told me they have since worked to include the papers. Note if you do purchase the pattern with out the papers . the patterns included are on European size paper , it will require a Copier that takes big paper ( Kinkos did not want to copy becuase each sheet of traceable pattern had a copyright stamped on it). She has many fabulous designs , but do make sure you get the papers( with the design printed on them) included for paper piecing, or want to deal with making the papers. Her designs are not for a beginner/new paper piecer.

I absolutely LOVE the first one!! How did you ever keep them all straight? Fantastic.

To answer your question, the oldest was about 6 yrs when I finally cut into it. Hurt like the dickens, but I did it. Now that I have used some of it, I don't feel so bad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast