Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Fabric stash

My minimum is always 2 yards and I go up from there. I have such a collection of fabrics that I've had for years and have found that when I didn't purchase at least 2 yards I would never have enough. I do buy collections that I love then whatever else suits my fancy (TOT, batiks, seasonal etc.) My feelings are if I have excess for a particular quilt it will then go to my stash for whatever might strike my imagination later on and I have never been disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by oma66
    I always buy 3 yards and if it is a fabric that I think is spectacular, I buy 5 yards so I can use it in more than one quilt. and...I usually still have more left over to make a scrappy quilt.
    This is pretty much my measurements as well. Most of my quilts are twin size - so this works out pretty well.

I buy a yard, at least.

depends on the price. 1-3 or maybe 5!

Quote Originally Posted by lorniki
    When you see a fabric that you love --just don't know how you would use it -- how much do you buy? I'm new at this and at first I was just buying fat quarters but it is not enough for some of my needs.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5