Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
fabric store >

fabric store

fabric store

Old 09-20-2014, 09:57 AM

Yes it is designer fabric at low cost. I live too far but have been there once and they have a lot of the different types of fabric and lines you see in the LQS also have a lot of trims and other types of sewing fabric, not just quilting.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Carol34446 View Post
Oh well, too far from FL. Our best bet from up here in boonies are mail order. Ocala is 40+ miles. Gainesville 80 and Tampa 70, and I have never heard of any quilt shops/cloth stores that are great places to shop for material

=
While I live in AL, I often travel to Pensecola FL to go to A&E Pharmacy. Yes, it is an actual Pharmacy, but on side of the huge store is fabric fabric fabric! Lots of name brands, current lines, both cottons for quilting, batiks, etc. and also fashion fabrics, fancy luxury fabrics, etc. Flat folds are special prices, they even code the bolts so if they have a sale everything from a certain date is on sale, etc. Great help and friendly staff. Might be worth a road trip for you!
Old 09-20-2014, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
3430 W. Ball Rd. in Anaheim, near Disneyland. Love that place!
Acually,it's near Knott's Berry Farm
Old 09-20-2014, 02:16 PM

Yes! I was able to get many premium quality fabrics from there, it take some time to dig around by worth it.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:18 AM

Checked out the two sites given, theirs and one from the shopper. Looks like a neat place to visit, but I live way too far, and doubt if I will ever get out that way. Thanks for sharing with us. I would hate to have to do inventory in that place. lol. Where I live we still have to travel 85 miles to the nearest fabric store, and then only have Hobby Lobby, Wal Mart and one Quilt shop, then 20 miles farther there is a Hancocks, and H.L. & W.M. and maybe 2 quilt shops and we feel lucky to have these places to shop. My sister in law who passed several years ago, told me about some fabric shop she went to in San Francisco think that was huge, she said it was at least 2-3 stories I height does anyone know about this place?
Old 09-21-2014, 06:40 AM

I think you may be talking about Britex. I may have spelled that wring but that is the way it is pronounced! I have not been there, but my sister has a few times and says that it is a fabric lovers dream! I don't think it is a discount store though, just lots of variety. I guess I need to plan a trip sometime.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:59 AM

M&L is fabulous! I can't decide whether it's better to go in with projects in mind, or just pick out fabrics you love. You'll find the best buys in the flat folds.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:29 PM

I suppose it is for the best that this is the first I have heard of this place. Our tiny apartment in Santa Ana didn't have room for sewing. But now that I know and have a sewing room......guess I'll be going to the OC soon.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by vikiyn View Post
just wondering if any of my quilter friends in southern California have ever gone to the store called M&L fabrics-discount store at 3430 W. Ball Rd. And if you go there are the fabrics good? Being a novice quilter I was amazed at the price! Everything is beautifully piled and most cottons are 2.99 a yard. Has anyone used they're fabrics? Please let me know. Thanks.
LOVE, LOVE AND LOVE M & L.
I've bought lots and lots of fabric.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:10 AM

Love the store... In July for 3 weeks everything in the store is 20% off!!!! So the stacks that are 2.88 are only $2.30! I try to buy backing then. Get on their email list and they will send you a reminder. They have a lot of Hoffman in the stacks.. you just need to look a little. When I go in the store I head for the stacks first then go for other fabric I may need. The quality is there but be aware you still need to check out each find as I have ended up with some fabric I will not use - bought in a feeding frenzy during their 20% off sale. They do have seconds in the stacks.
I have bought a lot of Dr. Seuss there - they have a great selection for $2.88.