Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Fabric Trimmings

What do you do with all your snippets and trimmings from blocks etc. Do you display them in a jar or save them in a box or what. I have quite a few and hate to throw them away.

Displaying them in a jar sounds good. Or, you can mail them to another member that will use them. There's a lady on here that mails me her selvages because when I get enough I'm going to make a quilt (Maybe a Rocky Road to Kansas) with them.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    Displaying them in a jar sounds good. Or, you can mail them to another member that will use them. There's a lady on here that mails me her selvages because when I get enough I'm going to make a quilt (Maybe a Rocky Road to Kansas) with them.
    Rapture, what sizes?? I'd be glad to save some for you!

I like them with some of the fabric on them but there doesn't have to be. The writing is what's important to me. The bit of fabic is so that I won't have to sew into the writing. Someone posted on here about using adding machine paper to make scrappy strips and I may use that for my Selvaged Quilt. I'm thinking that I may sew the selvages on the strips of paper, cut them to the same length then sew a small corner on both ends and a large triangle on each side. As soon as I get my 4 or 5 Christmas gift quilts done I'm going to start on this one.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    So you mean the selveges??? I'd be glad to save some! I also have those Moda thingies you hold jelly rolls together with.
    (Brain not working today) Just let me know.
    I have about 6 WIP right now and have been cutting up a storm :)

Rapture ready, does it matter if the salvages are short? I usually buya third of a yard, because I love scrappy quilts. If that is long enough, I would save mine for you too.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bag Lady
    What do you do with all your snippets and trimmings from blocks etc. Do you display them in a jar or save them in a box or what. I have quite a few and hate to throw them away.
    I keep a medium flat rate box under my desk and when it is over flowing I offer it for the cost of shipping. There is always someone on here that will take it off your hands no matter the size of scraps. A great way to recycle. I kept fooling myself into thinking I would use them, not anymore.

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    There are people on the board who would love your scraps. Do a search for scraps. Some will even take the tiniest scraps and use them if you don't want to.

No, I am not talking about the selvedges. I am talking about the fabric that is trimmed off when you square up a block or whatever.

Thanks, I will have to check when I have more time to raoam around.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast