Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Featherweight Question

Blog Entries
    Take a look at this auction on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/SINGER-FEATHERWE...item2a0fb77c4d

Has this featherweight been altered for use as an open arm machine or is this the way all featherweights are built.

That's a 222K and that's the way they were built. They are rare so that's why the price is so high.

Blog Entries
    Figures it is from the year of my birth and way out of my price range :)

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Wow! I'm glad I'm not coveting one of those!! I have many machines, FW's included but I don't need that one! lol :D:D

I found a centenial 221 (my birthyear) and it was $400 + shipping. Ouch......
    The FW I bought a few years ago was $200 on E-bay. She's a 1948 and is a beauty. Good luck on finding what you're looking for. It's getting harder and harder to find nice machines.

Blog Entries
    Me too, on both counts.
    Quote Originally Posted by carslo
    Figures it is from the year of my birth and way out of my price range :)

Blog Entries
    Speaking of featherweights (aahhhh), after talking with people at a couple of thrift stores here, they hardly ever get in FWs. So, my question is this...what would be the max you would pay for one from an auction? Assuming, of course, that it was in "like new" or "excellent condition". I always want the best on a sad budget!!

wow! That's a beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by Nanamoms
    Speaking of featherweights (aahhhh), after talking with people at a couple of thrift stores here, they hardly ever get in FWs. So, my question is this...what would be the max you would pay for one from an auction? Assuming, of course, that it was in "like new" or "excellent condition". I always want the best on a sad budget!!
    Nana, I was in the same position you were in and I just kept looking at every available for sale site that is on the net. If you are not fussy about the machine you can pick them up for a reasonable price. I got mine off of Craigslist, but it was JUST the machine and it had a bobbin case. I then went shopping for the bobbins, electrical cord and a case. I have been collecting feet for years and already had the extra feet and somewhere I had picked up a manual. I got the machine for 100, electrical cord was 20, and I can't remember what the bobbins cost, but I think around 5-10 with shipping, wheeled case for 25. So all told I have a 1941 Singer Featherweight that sews like a dream for about 150 dollars, which is cheap. So keep an open mind if you really want one and start stalking the net. There is one out there somewhere that has your name on it!

this is how the 222 is it is a free arm isnt it great

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast