Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Feedback on website please >

Feedback on website please

Feedback on website please

Old 04-02-2010, 03:01 PM

I have been working on the web site for the quilt shop where I work. I do not have a whole lot of ways to rearrange it because the site they are using for hosting has certain templates you have to use.

Would you mind taking a look at it and let me know what I can do to make it better. I would appreciate any feedback you could give me. I am really trying hard to make it attractive and user friendly.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.thegardenersquilts.com/index.html
Old 04-02-2010, 03:09 PM

Ooooh, I wanna come visit!! About the only thing I would change is your logo -- the name of the shop is too small....You did a great job! :thumbup:
Old 04-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Power Poster

It looks really good Marcia. It is colorful and lots of pictures. The pictures are better than what I see in most sites. I get frustrated at not being able to see the fabric up close and yours is up close just right. I like the graphics you have used. The placement of everything is good.

the only things that bother me is the topper could go to the left some and be centered more but that may be something you have no control over I don't know.
I would have liked to see the topper go from one end to the other if you have that capability. Extend the pink of the topper. I agree the name of the shop could be bigger and bolder. I love the graphic with the store name you are using but it would be great if it could be wider.

The other thing is there is a lot of white empty space along the right side of your paragraph. I would either make your sentences longer so it fills in the space from left to right with the white being under the paragraph where you could add more words or pics or add something down the right side of the words. That blank space is abit too much for me.

But I think the look of the site is terrific!! and I think you have done a wonderful job on it!!!
Old 04-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Power Poster

Good Job!!! I want to come and visit now too :D:D:D
Old 04-02-2010, 03:17 PM

I think it is lovely, easy to use, clean and neat, my eye is drawn to several nice things which make it flow.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:22 PM

I just went through the entire site and loved it. The store is so neat and organized. Makes me want to come and visit and spend lots of money. Your class prices are reasonable too. Lrts see....I am leaving for Geprgia in the morning......see you soon.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:12 PM

Thank you everyone. I am tweaking it a little bit every day. I have NEVER done a web site before so this is all a learning experience to me.

Thanks for the compliments on the pics because I took all of them too! It was fun doing staging, especially some of the quilts for sale. Since we do not do on-line sales I wanted to make the web-site as enticing as possible to draw customers into the shop.

My daughter designed the banner with the store name. I am going to ask her to go back and make the writing larger on it.

Originally Posted by Rhonda
It looks really good Marcia. It is colorful and lots of pictures. The pictures are better than what I see in most sites. I get frustrated at not being able to see the fabric up close and yours is up close just right. I like the graphics you have used. The placement of everything is good.

the only things that bother me is the topper could go to the left some and be centered more but that may be something you have no control over I don't know.
I would have liked to see the topper go from one end to the other if you have that capability. Extend the pink of the topper. I agree the name of the shop could be bigger and bolder. I love the graphic with the store name you are using but it would be great if it could be wider.

The other thing is there is a lot of white empty space along the right side of your paragraph. I would either make your sentences longer so it fills in the space from left to right with the white being under the paragraph where you could add more words or pics or add something down the right side of the words. That blank space is abit too much for me.

But I think the look of the site is terrific!! and I think you have done a wonderful job on it!!!
I will see if anything can be done with the title banner. I am not sure the size can be changed.

I am not sure what white empty space you are talking about. One of the problems that I have with this web design site is that once I get the web site done, it looks different on different size monitors and I don't know if there is a way to fix that. Like I said--I am really new at this. I will keep working at it. Thank you for your feedback.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:17 PM

Marcia... I am sooo jealous... it looks GREAT to bad I don't live there anymore! Hope all is well with you and your family!
Old 04-02-2010, 04:22 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

OMG I am coming to visit!!!!! What an awesome quilt shop. I would not have any take home money if I worked there, I would spend it all in the shop. My friend lives in Acworth which is only an hour and a half away from there so I may have to go visit her and then talk her into a trip.
I love the web site, I kinda agree that the name of the shop could be bigger and maybe add something in the blank white areas. All in all I love it, very easy to get around and very appealing. Those are some awesome pics, you did a great job on that.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Marcia
I will see if anything can be done with the title banner. I am not sure the size can be changed.

I am not sure what white empty space you are talking about. One of the problems that I have with this web design site is that once I get the web site done, it looks different on different size monitors and I don't know if there is a way to fix that. Like I said--I am really new at this. I will keep working at it. Thank you for your feedback.
I have two sites so I know what you mean. What I see in my admin window is not how it shows on the website.

In yours I see the yard sale announcement and then the pin cushion announcement. Under that the welcome is all on the left with the other half of the space under the two announcement boxes is white and bare. I am just funny about placements. My mom likes to space things out having unadorned walls and things are assymetrical and I want an even placement so they are all symmetrical with no big empty walls. Just the way I am made I guess! LOL'
'
I was only thinking out loud so don't take too much notice of me!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It is your store's site so it needs to be what works for you!
The topper is just my eye wanting everything to be evenly spaced.

If this is your first site youi have done more than a wonderful job on it!!! Absolutely amazing that you have produced this look the first time you work on one. It is well done! Looks a heck of a lot better than my first one!!