Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally get "foundation piecing"!

I finally understand foundation (paper ) piecing! Have C. Doak's book and tried with it many times I but learn better from watching a demonstration. I found the Connecting Threads video about paper piecing on you tube and began to understand the concept as I watched. The lady explains it really well. You can watch it over and over to really understand it. I made a paper pieced block yesterday and am amazed at how fast it went together. I printed the pattern from my E7. I think I will only paper piece from now on. I found that there is very little waste of fabric with this method. I love it... If you are trying to learn paper piecing, I recommend watching the Connecting Threads video.... Good luck!

It is addictive. I finally did some paper hearts and I want to do some more.
    I will watch the Connecting Threads video.
    Thank you for sharing this info.

I'm glad to hear about what worked for you! I've bookmarked your message so I can refer to it if/when I finally get enough courage to try paper piecing.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I'm a visual learner as well. I took a class with Carol several years ago. Isn't it fun???

It is so fun, fast and very rewarding as everything comes out perfectly! All points on point and blocks and triangles straight! It's amazing and I can do it! I am not good with cutting accurately so this works much better for me...

Thanks for the heads up about the video.

Blog Entries
    Yea! I did kimono blocks pp. Had enough for 3 quilts so far! Like pp too!

Quote Originally Posted by quiltjoey
    I finally understand foundation (paper ) piecing! Have C. Doak's book and tried with it many times I but learn better from watching a demonstration. I found the Connecting Threads video about paper piecing on you tube and began to understand the concept as I watched. The lady explains it really well. You can watch it over and over to really understand it. I made a paper pieced block yesterday and am amazed at how fast it went together. I printed the pattern from my E7. I think I will only paper piece from now on. I found that there is very little waste of fabric with this method. I love it... If you are trying to learn paper piecing, I recommend watching the Connecting Threads video.... Good luck!
    I love it when people share their "aha!" moments. It takes a twisted mind to fully understand how this works. :thumbup:

Im doing my first pping now and am surprised how easy it is. I was hesitant about doing it because it really looked difficult. I looked at some video's on youtube too and was impressed how easy it is. Would love to see it when your done. :)

Blog Entries
    Yes, I confirm all the others. Just take practice & a different way of thinking. It's so fun to watch people's faces when they see all those tiny pieces. I just finished one for Christmas that had 186 tiny pieces-the finished quilt is 12" square! I would attach a picture, but don't know how. -any advice?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast