Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finished quilting ...

So I just finished SID on my six-year-old's dragon quilt. I posted a couple of days ago asking for a pep talk because my wonky stitches were really upsetting me, and I just want to thank everyone who replied. I think I've finally decided to just go with it ...

When you stand back from the quilt (as many advised) it actually looks pretty good. You don't notice the wonky stitches and I think I actually managed to stay in the ditch more often than not. The other side, however, is a whole 'nother story. Tucks, tucks, tucks all over the place. (Yes I was using a walking foot but I've since learned that the carpet is not a very good place to make a quilt sandwich. Next time I will tape the backing to my linoleum floor. Lesson learned.) But the fabric is black, the tucks are all pretty small and since it's the back I'm not going to worry. Ripping it out at this point would probably mean starting all over again.

I did say that I'd post some pictures of the wonky stitches but unless one of you says "Oh my God! I wouldn't give that quilt to my evil ex-mother-in-law's hairless pet chihuahua (that bites!)" I'll probably leave it the way it is.

I have decided to take the Amish rule as my personal motto. In fact, I'm taking it so seriously that I have built not one but hundreds of errors into my quilt. After all, not only is God the only one who can make a perfect quilt, but God is also the one who blessed us with the technology to make a sewing machine and is therefore really the only one who can figure out how to work the damned thing.

Not bad!
    Name:  Attachment-252090.jpe
Views: 9
Size:  71.0 KB

Oh, the horror!
    Name:  Attachment-252091.jpe
Views: 9
Size:  40.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Very nicely done. I think you are way to hard on yourself. Show your quilt with pride:)

Blog Entries
    You are being too hard on yourself! Your stitches aren't that far off - certainly not worth worrying over! Once the quilt is washed and puckers up a little, you won't even see it. Quilting is supposed to be fun and relaxing...don't worry so much! I'm sure your 6 year old won't notice anything wrong.

I am sure he will love it and isn't that really all that matters ? Would be nice to see the entire quilt!! Another picture please : )

Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    Very nicely done. I think you are way to hard on yourself. Show your quilt with pride:)
    Ditto :D

Just have to add the binding ... When I'm done with that I'll post a picture!

Blog Entries
    well no body is going to look that closely! at least most people won't. so don't fret. it will be fine.

Im sorry but this made me laugh. But on a serious note....dont beat yourself up, its fine...we've all been there and YES...we learn from our mistakes. Keep on quilting!!

It is NOT bad at all........another case of being "your own worse critic"!!!!

I like it. And let me tell you they don't care how awful we think it is. Made by mommy special will always win them over.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast