Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: First try at FMQ

Sometimes I have had trouble with bird nests on the bottom if my top tension is too loose, I can go for a while then just like you have a nest here and there and have to re-thread...so I tightened my top tension until I could just see a tiny peep of the bobbin thread come to my top. I use a 16/100 topstitch needle, I know it seems huge but I had trouble with thread fraying and snapping on me when I used a smaller needle eye. Best of luck!
    LIVE ~ LAUGH ~ LOVE

My machine does not like C&C. I switched to Aurifil and works just fine.

I, too, am new at FMQ. On my practice pieces, I have been writing on the piece all of the information: Needle size and type, thread, machine settings etc. That way I have a better idea of what works and what doesn't as I am learning. Good luck.
    Mary

Sew much fabric, sew little time

Blog Entries
    I just ordered some Aurifil thread, also I ma noticng that as the Bobbin is unwinding un even when i pull it out to re-thread it, it is thicker on the bottom than the top. how do i get it to wind and or unwind evenly. any suggestions?
    Patti P
    http://pattiscards.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    I GOT it to work! I am one happy camper yahoo!!!!! Well it seems that my machine does not like coats and Clark 30 weight cotton thread, I switched to a 50 weight from connecting threads, and put in a bobbin washer, and I have not had any hic-ups oh and my stitch length is at .05 I had it at zero but when this is working I do not dare change any thing more, lol thank you everyone for all the help.
    Patti P
    http://pattiscards.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    I read all the way through this thread and am so happy that you found the solution! Yayyyy!!

Blog Entries
    I have just had a similar problem tried everything. But then realised it was my top thread jumpingoutof the first and second places as you thread and missing the first discs at top of machine. I was just putting these back not thinking they were causing the problem. Keep going and good luck.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3