Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Flynn Multi Frame System for Quilting

Banned
    does any one else use this quilting frame?

i saw him at the Lancaster, PA quilt show and was very impressed with the frame for machine quilting.

the price at the show was a bit steep ($130) but i found it online at All Brands for $70 including shipping and no tax :D

i got the delivery last week and i'm loving it. i did a test quilt because i'm not used to quilting with a frame with free motion.

i'm going to start another test quilting today with just an endless repeating water pattern.

I didn't like mine. I love to make large quilts and it doesn't seem to work for them. Maybe a baby quilt would work better.

Banned
    i would think a big quilt would have to be put on a free standing frame like a grace or something similar.

i'm loving it. i have a twin size quilt on it now without any problems. what a joy, its so great not to struggle with the weight of the quilt any longer.

i don't make bed quilts larger than twin and my art quilts never seem to get bigger than 5 feet of so.

Blog Entries
    I just ordered this frame after reading all the posts from this site since the beginning. There is a very good site at http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/235.page. It goes very in-depth.

I ordered it from AllBrands.com ($69) as there is no tax and no shipping. I sat and watched the 27 minute video and I feel that this is something that I can do.

I just finished quilting a baby quilt (see the picture of it in Pictures) and I swore I would never do that again. I did a simple X on each of the blocks and tried to do a curved design in the large border and ended up pulling it out and just doing straight lines.

I doube I will ever piece a bed-sized quilt and if I do, I will save up the money and send it out to a long-armer. But at $45 starting price for long-arm quilting here, I just can't afford it. And when my sister gets back into quilting, perhaps we can both use the Flynn.

My next planned purchase was a mid-arm machine with stitch regulator anyway, so this seems to be the logical next step.

I will let you know how I like it when I get it. And anyone else out there getting one, keep us all informed on your progress.

Banned
    i saw the baby quilt its so cute.

i too struggle just to quilt the most simple of things thats why i got it.

i was lucky to get to try it at the quilt show.

i'm doing a twin quilt now (just a simple meandering pattern) and i'm moving the entire quilt around using just my 2 index fingers - i can't tell you what a pleasure it is.

i would never be able to free motion on my machine without it.