Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11

Thread: Free Motion Slider

Blog Entries
    featherweight: thank you for sharing your great idea.

Would you consider posting a photo of your avatar? It's so unique, I'd love to see the whole thing.

Love this idea

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    The Slider is super slick. I haven't found anything that slicky to use for a substitute that didn't cost the same or more.
    Clear plastic, sold by the yard, is very slick & as large as you want.
    Works for me.
    Marilyn

Quote Originally Posted by postal packin' mama
    featherweight: thank you for sharing your great idea.

Would you consider posting a photo of your avatar? It's so unique, I'd love to see the whole thing.
    Thank you for your compliment. The quilt is called "Radiating Diamonds. A friend of mine designed the pattern. It is one of my favorite quilts to make. Thanks, Beth

Radiating Diamonds.
    Name:  Attachment-137129.jpe
Views: 69
Size:  71.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by seleyrn
    I wanted a table for my Viking machine to make machine quilting a bit less cumbersome, but the cost of the table through Viking was $200. Then at a quilt guild meeting I saw a home made table, this was made of MDF and painted. I enlisted the help of my hubby, and we purchased a piece of plexi glass, and 5 short table legs. Now I have a large table that fits my machine for under $30.00. It it's a bit rough around the edge that fits against the machine, but it serves the purpose. We quilters are quite resourceful aren't we.

The mdf and plexiglass can be filed and sanded around the edges to make them smooth so that they are not rough.
    Thanks for sharing your project. I've been wanting to make a sewing extension table for my portable machine.

Do you have pictures you could share?

Pam M

Another oven liner user here, works great for me.

Very Smart!

I bought the very same oven liner today at bed bath and beyond had a 20 percent coupon and am so happy I bought it. It works great. I kept mine in one piece. Placed it just to the left of the needle. I also have the supreme slider which works great but is small and I accidentally was pulling it away from my machine when it tore because I did not see the bobbin thread was pulling away from the needle hole. I taped the cut but it is very fragile now. The oven liner is much stronger and pliable and the price is right. Thanks to the people who give these fantastic tips on The Quilting Board.

Blog Entries
    This sounds like a great idea...has anyone else used this?? does it work as good as the slider...I just may have to run out at lunch and get one. Love the size of it.

Blog Entries
    I actually bought the same product for my oven. Never dawned on me to use it as you have done. Back to the store with my next coupon. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity!
    Creative clutter is better than idle neatness.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11