Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Gel Floor Mats, Recommendations anyone?

Gel Floor Mats, Recommendations anyone?

I am having a lot of trouble standing on my hard floors to cut out fabrics, iron and work in my kitchen. I would love some recommendations of good quality floor mats that I can buy to use so I may work with less foot and knee pain.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Go to Harbor Freight and get the ones made for garages. They're heavy duty and not expensive.

I would like it to look nice too. How do they look? My sewing room is my family room so it can't look to much like a garage

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem View Post
    I would like it to look nice too. How do they look? My sewing room is my family room so it can't look to much like a garage
    They're just basic black. I think they're the same as the ones they make for play rooms but the ones for play rooms are going to cost more.

I've tried a few mats over the years but the best ones are the wellness mats.
    Look at http://www.wellnessmats.com/.

Be careful about some of those mats...they can stain your floor.
    Some are made for industrial purposes...not for the house.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Another place you might look is in restaurant supply stores.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Good shoes make the difference for me. I rather spend the money on shoes than mats. I get more use out of the shoes, and I don't have to look at the ugly mats.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
    Good shoes make the difference for me. I rather spend the money on shoes than mats. I get more use out of the shoes, and I don't have to look at the ugly mats.
    I have been wearing the best shoes that my Podiatrist recommended for several years. It is not enough. After foot surgery and 4 knee surgeries, my shoes are a life saver but I need more to be able to stand much. I will probably get one for the kitchen as well because that has also been quite a pain, literally, to stand at the counter and chop and stove to cook.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyPeezy View Post
    I've tried a few mats over the years but the best ones are the wellness mats.
    Look at http://www.wellnessmats.com/.

Be careful about some of those mats...they can stain your floor.
    Some are made for industrial purposes...not for the house.
    I am currently looking at the WellnessMats site to read their comments and check them out. Thank you!

I have a high quality vinyl flooring that looks like real wood (fooled an appraiser) I don't want any staining but it would not show like a light colored vinyl floor might

QM
    I have a similar problem. I have had to learn to cut sitting down. It seems to be more work and harder on my shoulders, but my 2 bum knees and a bum ankle are pleased with me. DH bought me the sort of pad used in horses' stalls, but that was not enough for me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast