Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Those Labels On

Blog Entries
    I am hiring someone to hand sew my labels in cause H A N D is a four letter word but yes I have a ton ready to be labeled. It is really hard to put the label on before hand now that I use a long arm to quilt them.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyPeezy View Post
    I have yet to put a label on my quilts. I know...shame on me.
    Yep, same here. Maybe someday.

I'm one of those people who loves labels so I always get the label sewn on when I am sewing on the binding. I tell my daughter what quilt I am making and she finds beautiful clip art to go on my labels. I so enjoy sewing on my pretty labels! Unfortunately, I am not a person who finishes one quilt before starting the next one. Right now, I have 4 quilts in progress. I should finish 3 of them soon; but by that time, I'll probably have started other quilts.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyPeezy View Post
    I have yet to put a label on my quilts. I know...shame on me.
    You are not alone I am embarrassed to say.

I always put a label on a quilt I'm giving away, but somehow the ones that live at my house have never gotten labels. I really need to go back and put labels on them all before I forget when and why I made them. Really, though, I only have about 5 or 6 that I have kept for me. One of them is several years old. This might be a good time to tackle them since I am between projects right now.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/makeminepatchwork
    "Piecin' a quilt's like livin' a life...The Lord sends us the pieces, but we can cut 'em out and put 'em together pretty much to suit ourselves, and there's a heap more in the cuttin' and the sewin' than there is in the caliker...I've had a heap of comfort all my life making quilts, and now in my old age I wouldn't take a fortune for them." (Eliza Calvert Hall, Aunt Jane of Kentucky)

At first when I started, I didn't put labels on but now I do. What I need to start doing is put the label on before it is quilted, then I don't have to worry about someone taking it off easily.
    There is a very fine line between hobby and mental illness. - Dave Barry

I put the labels "made especially for and the person's name" before I quilt them. Problem, last night the Mother of twins expected any minute changed what she was going to name them. Now I have to figure out how to take out that block, that is embroidery with their name. It is at least in the bottom corner. On the front where a giant jack box takes up the whole front, their initial is on the box. Any idas for fixing this?

Blog Entries
    I found and bought the cutest darn labels last week at a store in Minneapolis - I will use indelible ink and put in my name and the date and the label says "THIS TOOK FOREVER". Love it! Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

All the time! I have quilts ten years old that need to have a label. So I guess technically they are not all the way done. At least in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston1954 View Post
    I have just spent several minutes looking at my list of quilts I've made, and realize that there are SEVEN of them that do not have labels. Some were completed as far back as March. What a slacker I am. Do you ever get so involved with the quilts themselves that you let the last part slide for a while?
    Anna Quilts

I have only been quilting a couple of years and I was kind of lax about labels. Now I am making it the next step in my quilting process. I like the idea of a label before the quilting. I am going to try that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast