Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Getting the "Twister" template

Getting the "Twister" template

I won a $10 gift certificate from the www.quiltersobsession.com quilt shop on the January FabShop Hop. I'm thinking of ordering the Twister template. Can't decide if I want the 8 inch or 3.5 inch. Any input or suggestions welcome.
    Debbie

Power Poster
    I think I would get the big one. Itty bitty Twisters are cute but more difficult to use. If you have a small rotary cutter square, you can make a smaller one by putting it on top of the large Twister and mark the lines on tape.

I agree with Tartan, get the large one then use a 50% or 40% off coupon from Joannes or Hobby Lobby or Hancock and get the fussy cut pack of rulers (5) Fons & Porter then put them on top of the Twister ruler and trace the lines on them...you'll then end up with a 2 1/2, 3 1/2, 4 1/2, 5 1/2 and 6 1/2" rulers to cut out the twister patterns. I thinking that group of rulers cost about $18. to $20. so use a coupon!!!

I think I'd be much more tempted to make my own Twister templates from square rulers and get something I couldn't reproduce with the gift certificate, but that's just me. I like multi-tasking tools.
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

These are the ones I was posting about. I use them also to cut I spy and focus squares. http://www.joann.com/fons-porter-fus...prd_02327914a/

The 3.5 inch template is to be used with 5 inch charms. The 8 inch template is meant to be used with 10 inch layer cakes. Maybe this will help you to decide. Congrats on your win!!

Linda in Missouri

Thank you everyone for your input. Now I think I will go back and see what else I could get instead of the template. Decisions, decisions...haha. I have until April 1 to decide.

Ive just made my own template twice with what I already had. Use the money for something fun like fabric for a twister quilt!
    "I am a military wife... What's your super power?"

Large Lot of Patriotic Fabric for sale! https://www.etsy.com/listing/1262527...riotic-fabric?

Custom ACU items! http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyLittleKing?ref=pr_shop_more

Thank you for supporting our troops!

Blog Entries
    I'm sure I have seen a template which does more than one size and you cut up slits. Sorry no name just remember seeing it. This would give you all options.
    It's called a twist and stitch ruler. Nancy notions.
    Last edited by DOTTYMO; 03-15-2013 at 01:18 AM.
    Finished is better than a UFO

I had a lot of fun making the Twister quilt. I would get the large one to begin with. I'm sure you could make your own, but since you have a gift certificate why not splurge and save yourself the hassle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast