GLUE

Old 05-01-2011, 08:00 PM

For me, whatever it takes to do the best job you can, is the right thing. If you want to use glue, GO FOR IT!
Old 05-01-2011, 08:09 PM

Just need to clarify something here. To dphelps: I hope it was just a typo--should be tonnie Loree {not Lorae}. I have a different spelling name. When I post, I don't want anyone to get us mixed up. No offense to you Tonnie Loree. I too have only been here a few months.Thanks
Old 05-01-2011, 09:51 PM

This was friendly and made in jest. What do you not, police, get about it?

Originally Posted by mimom
Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Originally Posted by Maride
If measurements are done right and sewing is consistent, I don't think glue is needed, but if it works for her, great.
Yes! I agree with you. Glue? Come on now. I got out of the second grade 30 years ago.
this board is a friendly place, please dont forget that. No quilt police allowed
Old 05-01-2011, 10:27 PM

I saw one of Sharon Schamber's videos (Stash & Dash I think) where she said that she doesn't use pins at all. She was sewing a pinwheel block together and sew put a tiny line of glue all along the entire edge to be sewn.

I haven't tried it yet, there's nothing I'm working on at the moment that needs that type of accuracy.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:39 PM

I am always hearing of new methods for quilting. Sharon Schamber uses glue often and she does some fabulous work! I like using her starch method for piecing and appliqué. I'm glad you discovered this new quilting group and will be learning new methods. Please share what you learn with us. :-)
Old 05-02-2011, 04:58 AM

I wished I had known about this a while a go. I put a piping strip between the border and the body of the top and in some places I noticed later that it wasn"t even. I could have glued it and it would have been even.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by f rogers
I wished I had known about this a while a go. I put a piping strip between the border and the body of the top and in some places I noticed later that it wasn"t even. I could have glued it and it would have been even.
i had the sme problem with my first job at piping too..a couple places i had to take it out, and re sew..had not thought about using glue on that! thanks! i may just try it again.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Originally Posted by Maride
If measurements are done right and sewing is consistent, I don't think glue is needed, but if it works for her, great.
Yes! I agree with you. Glue? Come on now. I got out of the second grade 30 years ago.
Sigh........ I have the most perfectly matched bargello quilts from using a wonderful glue stick. Awesome tip to use.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by edensgaite
Ok two things to say...
First
In 2nd grade I was using glue paste and will even (oh I'm so ashamed) admit to eating it. Thankfully now I can use it without the need to have a taste.
Second
Where can I get the applicator tip that Sharon Schamers used in her video?
Mikki
I was wondering about the same thing! I went to office supply stores, hardware store, walmart, etc. I would also like to know where she got the tip she uses??? If anyone knows, please pass along the info. Thanks
Old 05-03-2011, 03:58 AM

I would also like to know where to purchase the glue applicator tip. I have looked everywhere and have come up emptyhanded. Can someone please assist?