Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to Missouri Star Quilt Co.

We were there 2 years ago an stayed at a motel at the intersection of US Hwy 36 and State Hwy 13.

So jealous! Do you need a chaperone?

My friends and I went there a few years ago and we found hotels further away on the Interstate that were nice. Find them on Expedia. Also take lots of money for the fabric at MSQC.

Don't know anything about hotels in the area, but there's a great little quilt shop in Cameron, MO - Crossroads Quilting.

We stayed at the GuestHouse Acorn Inn and got a discount by mentioning that we were going to Missouri Star Quilting.

Have fun. We were there last July and stayed at Home Inn Hamilton, a beautiful bed and breakfast, just 4-5 miles away, still in Hamilton, MO. The hostess/manager is the event coordinator for MSQC so you get a few tidbits there too. A wonderful secluded place in the country with grounds, a gazebo and kitchen. They also have retreat spaces for 8-10 at very reasonable rates. My DH and I loved it. I believe in their Christmas letter they will be opening a full retreat center in the future for 60. They have a website.

Sounds like a fun time. I am so jealous. On my bucket list. Have a great time.

Lucky you to get to go to MSQC. My dh and I are planning a trip back east and hopefully I can talk him into stopping in Hamilton. We have a son in Tulsa, Ok and will spend couple of nights with him and family and then on to Missouri. Our destination is New York where all of dh family is and then across the top of the USA stopping at a class reunion in Montana and then back to Az. to rest, rest, rest!!! Sure hope you have a great time and please let us QB members hear about your trip. Have fun.

My DH and I are traveling to Illinois for a wedding in late July. I have planned the route and we are staying one night at the Acorn Inn in Cameron. Will visit MSQC that afternoon. Husband is not too thrilled but I am!

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHSIDER View Post
    My DH and I are traveling to Illinois for a wedding in late July. I have planned the route and we are staying one night at the Acorn Inn in Cameron. Will visit MSQC that afternoon. Husband is not too thrilled but I am!
    My DH absolutely HATES shopping and didn't mind MSQC at all. If the weather is nice, they have benches outside, great cafes and restaurants, a brewery, and best of all a Man Cave that doesn't mind if you relax and have a siesta. It is a great small town atmosphere, pretty much on one block, and DH is willing TO GO BACK!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast