Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Going to Missouri Star Quilt Co.

Have a wonderful, fun time! Wishing you all the best.

jpr
    Blog Entries

Msqc

I live in Goodyear. How many of you are going and what would be the cost of the trip?

Quote Originally Posted by Nai Nai View Post
    We stayed at the GuestHouse Acorn Inn and got a discount by mentioning that we were going to Missouri Star Quilting.
    we stayed there also, very nice owners. It is all one level, probably has about 30 rooms. One side (south?) side of the parking lot is quite a large green almost landscaped acreage, take a blanket and have a picnic dinner. Pet friendly. If we ever get back that way, we'll stay there again I think we were there last September

Blog Entries
    I'm hoping you'll start a new thread after your trip to let us know where you decided to stay and how it went. I would like to visit her quilt shops too.
    Mavis

Quote Originally Posted by JudyG View Post
    Thank you everyone for all your help. I was seriously looking at the Guesthouse Acorn Inn in Cameron and will now make reservations there. We are meeting tomorrow to finalize our plans. We were going to go early in June, but now that I know we can also attend a quilt show if we go mid-June, I'm sure we'll change our plans to include that. I'll post again when we have made final decisions and if any of you are going the same time we are, wouldn't it be fun to meet up there???? A couple of gals from our quilt guild here in AZ will be traveling during the summer and are trying to figure out their schedules so that can meet us. WHAT FUN!!! And Sewvicki, would love to have a chaperone - if you're on our route, we could stop and pick you up.
    You will love it the Guest House Acorn Inn. When I reserved rooms there last summer they gave us a quilter's discount. Though it was a grand reopening of MSQC. Also, it was my birthday!
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

We hope to go there in August when we go east to visit family. I will keep this information about housing in the area. I would really like to go to a retreat there. I think I would meet so many interesting people who quilt there! It just is a phenomena for sure.

How cool! I had planned to go with friends in April but we had to postpone the trip. I had found a cool link when we were in the planning stages - it's a quilt trail on Hwy 36 that is running in April but would be fun anytime:
    http://www.americangeniushighway.com...ri-highway-36/

I hope you have a blast! I can only imagine all the cool things you'll find. Would love to do a retreat there sometime, too. Have fun!!

This is a wonderful thread. Two friends and I are going there in August for the eclipse, MSQC, and other attractions.

Roseanne - thanks for the link on the quilt trail. That really sounds like fun - don't think we will do all of them but it does give us lots of choices!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Roseanne for the link to the quilt trail. I am sure we will be visiting some of them. We have made our reservations at Guesthouse Acorn Inn for 3 nights, then we will be going to the Overland Park quilt show (thanks Quiltingshorttimer for that heads up). We've finalized our dates (will be staying in Cameron June 12, 13 and 14) so if anyone else is going to be around there then, please let me know. I would love to meet fellow QB members. AND, in checking the MSQC website, I found that Jenny Doan is having a trunk show on June 14, so we have tickets for that already. I can't wait!
    JudyG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2