Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Going to Missouri Star Quilt Co.

Blog Entries

Going to Missouri Star Quilt Co.

Several friends and I will be heading to MSQC this summer. As far as I can see, there are no hotels in Hamilton, so where would be the best place to stay. We plan to be there for two or three nights. Any help would be appreciated. We are just starting to plan our trip and are soooooooooooooo excited to get to go.
    JudyG

Maybe you could contact MSQC directly, and ask them for suggestions. Sounds like such a fun trip!

Go online to check hotels near Hamilton. Cameron, MO is 12 miles west and has about 8 hotels there. Chillicothe, Mo is about 23 miles away. Get a state map. I have been to Hamilton, it takes time to go to all the stores.
    Always start at the Main Store to get your ticket for discounts. Only a couple eating places, but a grocery store too. Have fun and let us know what you bought.

We were at MSQC in September. We stayed 2 nights at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Chillicothe, MO. It was really nice. Fairly new and had a great breakfast. I don't remember how far it was from Hamilton, but less than 15 minutes or so. You will have so much fun!!!!!

My daughter,G.daughter and I went there a few months ago. My daughter rented a cottage in town. It is called Dawsons Retreat. There are also another place to rent there. We loved the cottage clean and very pretty. They even have a small sewing area with sewing machine and other notions needed to quilt with. It has 2 bedrooms, one with 2 beds. It's just a few blocks from the stores.

DH and I are going there this summer, probably in June. We are stopping at Ree Drummonds store in Oklahoma also.
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

Blog Entries
    MSQC is on my bucket list and a friend and I plan to go this summer. Thanks for some info on the places to stay.

Jim
    My Mother in law was there last week ...they stayed one night at the town 12 miles away and got up earlythe next morning and checked in at the retreat at MSQC and had a quilting retreat there at their facilities...she spent 3 days and had a great time...you can purchase the daily deal everyday while there also. She brought back loads of new projects
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort :lol:

Super Member quiltingshorttimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you are heading there in mid-June, do plan to go about 60 minutes further south (all 4 lanes+) to Overland Park KS, Overland Park Convention Center for the KC Regional Quilt Fest June 15-17. Great classes (and great prices on them compared to other BIG shows), 3 special exhibits, judged quilts, quilt displays from the 14 Guilds that put this on, about 130 vendors (at least 30 on a waiting list), really nice convention center. I've heard that the rooms set aside at the 4 walking distance hotels may be full now, but there are others within about 5-10 minutes in Overland Park. MSQC trip is FABULOUS--plan at least a full day and probably 2 to see it all and not be overwhelmed. Suggest you go with a list as you will do too much impulse buying otherwise!

My friend and I were there last spring - we stayed in Cameron. MSQC was such a fun place to go. Be sure to register at the main shop - and get your tag.

We were there 2 years ago an stayed at a motel at the intersection of US Hwy 36 and State Hwy 13.

So jealous! Do you need a chaperone?

My friends and I went there a few years ago and we found hotels further away on the Interstate that were nice. Find them on Expedia. Also take lots of money for the fabric at MSQC.

Don't know anything about hotels in the area, but there's a great little quilt shop in Cameron, MO - Crossroads Quilting.

We stayed at the GuestHouse Acorn Inn and got a discount by mentioning that we were going to Missouri Star Quilting.

Have fun. We were there last July and stayed at Home Inn Hamilton, a beautiful bed and breakfast, just 4-5 miles away, still in Hamilton, MO. The hostess/manager is the event coordinator for MSQC so you get a few tidbits there too. A wonderful secluded place in the country with grounds, a gazebo and kitchen. They also have retreat spaces for 8-10 at very reasonable rates. My DH and I loved it. I believe in their Christmas letter they will be opening a full retreat center in the future for 60. They have a website.

Sounds like a fun time. I am so jealous. On my bucket list. Have a great time.

Lucky you to get to go to MSQC. My dh and I are planning a trip back east and hopefully I can talk him into stopping in Hamilton. We have a son in Tulsa, Ok and will spend couple of nights with him and family and then on to Missouri. Our destination is New York where all of dh family is and then across the top of the USA stopping at a class reunion in Montana and then back to Az. to rest, rest, rest!!! Sure hope you have a great time and please let us QB members hear about your trip. Have fun.

My DH and I are traveling to Illinois for a wedding in late July. I have planned the route and we are staying one night at the Acorn Inn in Cameron. Will visit MSQC that afternoon. Husband is not too thrilled but I am!

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHSIDER View Post
    My DH and I are traveling to Illinois for a wedding in late July. I have planned the route and we are staying one night at the Acorn Inn in Cameron. Will visit MSQC that afternoon. Husband is not too thrilled but I am!
    My DH absolutely HATES shopping and didn't mind MSQC at all. If the weather is nice, they have benches outside, great cafes and restaurants, a brewery, and best of all a Man Cave that doesn't mind if you relax and have a siesta. It is a great small town atmosphere, pretty much on one block, and DH is willing TO GO BACK!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thank you everyone for all your help. I was seriously looking at the Guesthouse Acorn Inn in Cameron and will now make reservations there. We are meeting tomorrow to finalize our plans. We were going to go early in June, but now that I know we can also attend a quilt show if we go mid-June, I'm sure we'll change our plans to include that. I'll post again when we have made final decisions and if any of you are going the same time we are, wouldn't it be fun to meet up there???? A couple of gals from our quilt guild here in AZ will be traveling during the summer and are trying to figure out their schedules so that can meet us. WHAT FUN!!! And Sewvicki, would love to have a chaperone - if you're on our route, we could stop and pick you up.
    JudyG

That sounds like soooo much fun! Someday I plan on going to MSQC but it isn't in the cards right now. Have a great trip & tell us all about it when you get back

We stayed at the Guest House Acorn Inn, which is located in Cameron...only a few miles away. They gave me a discount when I told them I was shopping at Missouri Star. Have fun!

The Home Inn Hamilton has lots of options & is super close to MSQC. https://www.homeinnhamilton.com/

There is a link at MSQC site to the various places to stay, apparently a few more B& B's have opened to accommodate the visitors. It is such a great thing that the Doan's have brought to the community! I hope to get there mid June, a niece is getting married in the St Louis area so hopefully we can take the long way around to the wedding.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast