Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Grace cloth leaders for quiltin frame. >

Grace cloth leaders for quiltin frame.

Grace cloth leaders for quiltin frame.

Old 10-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Norene B
I'm going to get the speed control for my quilting first, then worry about the stitch regulator. The speed control is lots cheaper. I just got my frame made. It is not the same one you got though. Mine is from scratch. Enjoy. You can also use velcro in place of zippers for your leaders.
The velcro is used to attach the leader to the pole, and the zipper is used to attach the quilt parts to the leader.

What is the difference between the speed control and the stitch regulator? My megaquilter had a cruise control that worked the same as a stitch regulator for a small arm.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:23 PM

Not on mine. I used double edged carpet tape to attach to pole, then put duct tape over that. I'm doing mine like Susan Schambers does hers. Susan uses velcro to attach the leader part to the qult leader. You stitch the quilt leader onto the quilt by basting.

A speed control controls the speed of the machine, so you don't go to fast or to slow. A stitch regulator keeps stitches even if you speed up or slow down.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Power Poster

I have the same frame and am using a Juki machine on it. I have the speed controller and it helps a lot. Someday I hope to get the stitch regulator but it has to wait. I made my leader clothes and just pin the quilt to them. They weren't hard to make.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Norene B
Not on mine. I used double edged carpet tape to attach to pole, then put duct tape over that. I'm doing mine like Susan Schambers does hers. Susan uses velcro to attach the leader part to the qult leader. You stitch the quilt leader onto the quilt by basting.

A speed control controls the speed of the machine, so you don't go to fast or to slow. A stitch regulator keeps stitches even if you speed up or slow down.
That is interesting...I have never heard of it. Learn something new every day. I just use my pins and I don't have any complaints.

It must depend on the machines that you purchase, because the Quilter's Cruise Control on my megaquilter does both. Wow, there are too many companies to keep up with.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Power Poster

I watched Sharon Schambers technique. It is very interesting to use secondary leaders, but my leaders are really nice and already marked. Maybe sometime in the future...
Old 10-03-2010, 06:17 PM

I have the Grace Mini Pinni frame, and got the Grace leader strips to go with it. They sure were expensive :shock: :shock: :shock: but it was the easiest option. They had Velcro already attached to them, but I cut the Velcro part off and used the plastic track hosing to connect them to the roller poles. Then when I want to quilt something, I pin the sandwich to the leader strips. :)

The setup I bought had a stitch regulator with it, along with a Juki TL98Q machine (love it!). :mrgreen:
Old 04-01-2014, 09:53 AM

I just bought the Inspira frame used from a friend. It did not come with any cloth leaders. After watching a video t I see that the leaders are different lengths from front to back. I will have to make a set. Can any one tell me the dimensions they should be? Thanks for any help.