Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Grandmothers flower garden

I print my hexagons from a computer site that lets you print all sizes of hexagons. I am making a grandmothers flower garden out of 3/4 inch hexagons. I then then put photo paper in the printer and cut them out. I can use each one several times. They are stiffer than regular paper and cheap in comparsion to precuts. Hope this helps someone out there. This is my first topic and love this site. You all do a great job :lol:

I have not done a GFG, but I am sure that there are people out here that would love to know the site you use. Can you post it here for everybody see?

Got a geometry compass? Draw a circle the size you want, place the point on the circle and mark off both ways with the pencil of the compass. A hexagon will result!

Isn't photo paper pricey? I buy cardstock whenever I find it on sale and it's perfect. I use Texasfreckles.com for my free hexie templates. It's a nice site to look around in.

The name of the site that I use is
    http://moxyideas.com/?page_id=328

Cardstock would be perfect and you are right- much cheaper. I only have a couple of thousand more to make. Or at least it seems like it.

Blog Entries
    that's nice to know. thanks for sharing. and welcome

Welcome to the board from Southern California!

I print my hexes on card stock and then put on a good movie and start cutting. nice way to spend an evening with hubby. It goes by really fast. When I get ready to baste my hexes to fabric I cut stripes of fabric and then cut squares together. This is a great to go project. I can sew a couple of flowers while sitting in car rider line. I am currently working on a 1/2 inch hex projuct. Good luck on yours.

I lost my husband in January from lung cancer. Without GOd, family,friends and the Quilting board and my quilting I would be lost. I also do mine while watching T.V. at night and it really gets rid of the stress. Thanks for all of you that replied. I get so many good ideas from you all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast