Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gutermann thread problem

Blog Entries
    I have also experienced this problem, just with the first spool I used recently. Not so happy with having to mess with this!
    Anne Holland

Banned
    I don't know what my machines think, but I do not like Gutterman - it has a stiffness to my touch.
    I'm devoted to Aurifil and Prescencia for top thread and Bottom Line in the bobbin (it lasts forever).

Blog Entries
    I used to buy it, and have lots of it, but since I tried Connecting Threads "Essentials" cotton thread, I can really see a difference-I love the CT thread! Last night, I ran out of the color I was using, so dug into my G. and started to sew a straight seam, and noticed a bit of looping about every 5 or 6 stitches on the back, and the stitches seamed a bit wavy. I had the same needle, same tension, etc. Put another color of CT thread on, and NO problem. It sews like a dream. I am thru with G. thread. It is almost like it is slippery in the cotton fibers, and the CT thread just fits like a glove in the threads. I noticed in top stitching as well, the CT thread makes such nice smooth even stitches compared to the G. thread.

Blog Entries
    My Pfaff doesn't always like Gutermann thread. I have more problems with dark colors than light.
    Joyce

Banned
    Blog Entries
    different machines like different threads, different threads, like different needles...it is a fine balance that only YOU can make between your machine, the needles you use and the threads!
    I love Guterman, but have switched to Aurifil as more of my machines like that better!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2