Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hancock's of Paducah - WOW >

Hancock's of Paducah - WOW

Hancock's of Paducah - WOW

Old 07-07-2015, 07:31 AM

Default Hancock's of Paducah - WOW

Here is my post from yesterday on this board - Outstanding Service:

OMG - I was just going to post how impressed I am with Hancock's of Paducah (not the same as Hancock's). I tried and tried to order some things the past few days, using an online e-card that my daughter had given me a long time ago. It just would not work. So, I called them today and the dang e-card had expired last week. They let me use it anyway on the phone. Whew!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was trying to use an expired gift card that my daughter had sent to me a year ago and it would not go through. So, I called Hancock's of Paducah yesterday - not to be confused with the Hancock's Fabric Stores - and the lady was so nice and let me use the e-code even though it had expired. I placed my order late in the day and got an email confirmation of my total order. Then, very late in the day, I got an email saying that my order had been shipped. Lo and behold, this morning about 9a.m. I was sitting at my computer, very close to my front door, and my front door screen opened and then closed. I jumped up, scared to death, in time to see the Fed-Ex man walking down my sidewalk to his truck. In the door was my package from Hancock's of Paducah. The most beautiful fabric that I have ever seen. First I ordered a beautiful Peacock Panel and then a package of 12-fat quarters in the same line - Timeless Treasures Enchanted Plume. OMG that is the most beautiful, elegant fabric. Probably won't be able to cut this fabric though - it is just too pretty. Praise to Hancock's of Paducah - my order delivered to my door in less than 24 hours. But, we live only 5 hours away. My daughter lives in Paducah and we visit her (well actually we never fail to go to Hancock's of Paducah every trip). WOWWWWWW
Old 07-07-2015, 07:39 AM

I am very impressed! There's nothing better than great customer service. They do need to change their policy on gift cards, though. They should never expire. The money has been paid...it should be good.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:48 AM

I agree that Enchanted Plume is some of the most beautiful fabric. I have some myself I got from Hancocks and just love it. Have fun with what ever you choose to make with it.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:17 PM
KLO

I had a snafu with an order from Hancock's a few years back and when I called early the next morning after receiving my package, it was actually one of the owners who answered the phone. Boy, was I impressed and even more so when he shipped what was missing (which may have been my mistake) and did not charge me for the separate shipping. I would not hesitate to order from them again.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:18 PM
Power Poster

Yes, their customer service is one of the best. It is a family run quilt store by a father and his two sons.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:29 PM

I LOVE that store! Stopped on the motorcycles on our way from Georgia to Michigan and bought so much fabric I had them ship it home for me. My quilting friend who was with me loved her fabric so much she found space for it. Said she'd ship home her dirty laundry first. Don't have much chance to drive through Paducah from Texas. Their catalogs are just dangerous! So much gorgeous fabric, quilts and kits!
Old 07-08-2015, 02:26 AM
Power Poster

I ordered fabric from them over the 4th weekend. I could'nt believe how fast I got it or how pretty it is for the money.
I will shop with them again for sure.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:36 AM
Power Poster

How wonderful. I tried and tried to order from Hancocks of Paducah and even though I have used it many times, they could not get my debit card to work so I haven't tried again.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:54 AM

I'd just like to add: If you ever get the chance be sure to visit their store in Paducah, KY. It's a great experience! Only wish we lived closer.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:11 AM

Once I ordered a hard to find fabric from them. When the order arrived, there was the catalog. [Insert great movie score soundtrack here] I placed it in a gift bag along with some of the treasured goods and delivered it to my mother-in-law. I think she loved the catalog more!